I avoided it for a decade, but no longer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been lucky, or unlucky depending on the trial, and have had all the indicators that the lawyer from both sides wanted off the jury the few times I made it that far.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i must be on a special list or something. i've served county 3 times and federal once. which is fine because i get paid from work and actually enjoy the process. federal is WAY nicer. coffee and doughnuts every morning and people are great. the federal process took a year or so. i filled out the packet and sent it in. it was many months before i heard anything back.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch the original Twelve Angry Men before you go and then argue with the majority, hopefully all but you. Best of all, quote the movie when you argue.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cinaet said:
Watch the original Twelve Angry Men before you go and then argue with the majority, hopefully all but you. Best of all, quote the movie when you argue.

I watched it in a psych class, but it's been close to ten years.

I just remember some guy being really awkward when he tried flipping a knife around in his hand, trying to sound like that was the only way it could be done, and I'm thinking “i could do that way faster..."

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife just served recently. She gets paid salary by her company anyways so she gets paid for doing it she just has to give her company the money the court gives her for serving, so she doesnt mind it at all. She watches almost every lawyer, court room, and cop show there is so she really gets into it when serving. Weird.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sat on a Grand Jury back in New Mexico. We met several times over a 4 mo period. A fraud case. Neat thing was that we got to ask questions and subpena records. Not a lot of sitting around on a Grand Jury; you are called only when the Prosecutor wants to present evidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom