I avoided it for a decade, but no longer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been called for jury duty only once when I lived in Canadian County, back in 1988, and was selected to sit on a civil trial concerning the damages to be received by a property owner for the seizure to widen Highway 152 in Mustang. The state ended up having to pay because they tried to flim-flam the property owners and because the state's lawyer was incompetent, IMO. But, to be fair, the state saddled him with an unwinnable case.

I've not been called since moving to Tulsa County in 2009 but my sister was called within 6 months after moving here from TX.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sat on jury for a week. It was a DUI death case. The guy ended up pleading guilty and requested that the Judge sentence him instead of the jury. I thought it was very interesting. I'd be more than happy to serve again.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that jury duty is a very interesting process to be part of. I've done it twice, and would gladly do it again.

For those of us who proudly wave the flag and foot-stomp our freedoms and liberties, I'd expect that we'd equally be proud to participate in our republic's justice system.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've lived in OK County for almost 30 years. Never been called. Wife has been - twice for federal and once for county but never served.

I'd like to serve but was told by my Uncle who was both a DA and a criminal Defense attorney in TX for 30+ years that even if called I'd never serve. Ex military, a career in Corporate management and Financial Analysis coulpled with a tendency to be a vocal libertarian would pretty well rule me out on both sides of the fence.

Sucks. I'd love to be instrumental in a case that deserved a jury nullification outcome.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its actually pretty cool to do if you get selected for the Jury. My first time was a Theft case and they sent me packing because my truck had been broken into the night before so they figured i would have been bias and they were right! lol
Second one was a Marijuana Charge. I still dont know to this day if the guy was guilty or not. I could go on and on about that case for days but it made me lose quite a bit of faith in the justice system and honestly I lost some respect for how it works in this country.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I served jury duty for over a month on a double murder trial. Very interesting but at the same time it was very draining. About a year later I was drawn for another murder trial but ask to be released. One murder trial in a lifetime is enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom