I have a Moral Issue. I need some advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s don’t don’t turn this into an illegals, or Teacher bashing session. I’m just wondering what the opinions are.

Personally I feel Like it violates my “Oath” as a teacher. My job is to teach. I do my job well. I work hard to be a good teacher. My problem is the legal issues. I feel like the district knows it’s doing wrong. Hence, they are asking me to sit back quietly and keep my yap shut.

The teaching is easy and very fulfilling. The issue at hand is troubling.

I would anonymously report it to ICE, with your suspicions, and let them come to their own conclusions. If they're breaking the law, that's on them not you. i have no doubt teachers have their moral obligations, but we also have a moral obligation as good Americans and Christians to follow the law in good faith. that's my opinion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm known as the hardass on Illegal immigration on this forum I hear.
Report them. I and others reported illegals when I worked at the OGE Power plant, and they got ran off the jobsite. We didn't need anyone that couldn't speak english for safety reasons. They don't have OSHA in Mexico, Central, or South America.
Granted you don't need OSHA in the classroom, but I need to ask, are there any other teachers with your same concerns? Could you form a consortium to bring this issue to public attention?
We have a Pork processing plant in Ponca City (Started out as Tyson) and have for years now after one of our ignorant mayors championed the plant for our "lower income folks to have a place to work".
Well, guess what, none of the lower paid workers went there, only illegal immigrants. ICE Raided the place occasionally during the Bush term and typically within two weeks or so after deportation, they are back on the job. During the ostupid years, they never got raided once, and the entire SW part of town is pretty much barrio now.
I'd pay $8 for a pound of bacon if US Citizens of whatever ethnic group worked in the plants. Sometimes you have to put your money where your mouth is.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First , don't think for a moment the school district and law enforcement DOESN'T know about this . With 300 such students THEY DO! So just who do you tell and expect action? Homeland Security knows this goes on in every town pork facility such as this in the country! I think you'd run the risk of creating more issues for yourself than it would be worth!

Latest posts

Top Bottom