I hope you are holding on with both hands!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy is the key word, if one buys right. If not it might take years to recoup. If you have years, this market is a good thing.
Heard one of the pundits today say that for young investors, this is the market to stretch your investments as far as one can afford. If it goes on for awhile, and then makes a normal recovery into a typical bull market, those young investors will be set in their retirement.
Yep, I wish I was starting out in this market but with the knowledge that I have today. Buy energy stocks like they are going out of style...and wait 30 years.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I wish I was starting out in this market but with the knowledge that I have today. Buy energy stocks like they are going out of style...and wait 30 years.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Careful what energy stocks your looking at. With the new EPA requirements, some of these companies are going to be saddled with an enormous amount of debt. If they are a regulated industry, They might be a tad better because the rate payers have to foot the bill. All that aside, energy will always be here, and its importance will only increase with the population growth. I'd danged sure stay away from alternative energy. TBoon pickins has bailed on wind.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Careful what energy stocks your looking at. With the new EPA requirements, some of these companies are going to be saddled with an enormous amount of debt. If they are a regulated industry, They might be a tad better because the rate payers have to foot the bill. All that aside, energy will always be here, and its importance will only increase with the population growth. I'd danged sure stay away from alternative energy. TBoon pickins has bailed on wind.

Exon Mobile? lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exon Mobile? lol

Wife works for Schlumburger. My broker and I talked for an hour today.
Oil is certainly a maybe with Iran getting back into the market, being a killer for short term profits that I'm after.
According to those that might know, oil could turn around third quarter next year.
Crap shoot on that one with China's economy. Continuing to devalue their currency isn't helping us. We have to pay more for the products that were sent over there to be manufactured.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to be the guy with the airplane view not the guy in the rowboat on the surface of the sea, about to be swamped one minute and riding on the crest of the wave the next. The trend is the thing, not the latest move in the stock market. The Chinese economy is hollowed out and has plenty of room to drop and drag down other markets IMO. The Chinese government has plenty of corruption that permeates business to the point that no one knows exactly how much unrepayable debt their banks are holding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom