I need dog help/advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it appears that somebody dumped to this nice little dog in the country near the Collinsville Oklahoma area. I put up fliers in the surrounding area so if he is a stray somebody should call. I also had him checked for a chip and posted him to the local lost dog Facebook groups. However, my gut says that he was dumped based on the area that I found him. He appears to be a part or full Chihuahua, although somebody mentioned half corgi/half dachshund and he does look a lot like the google pictures of that mix.

He looks to be fairly young, maybe a year old or younger and has not been neutered. So far he appears to be housebroken and gets along great with people/children. The neighbor has a young daughter that has been taking him for about an hour a day this weekend to play with him and he plays well with her and easily tolerates her occasional overenthusiastic petting/hugging. Really a sweet dog that just wants to be with people and loves to sit in a person's lap

I can take care of him in the short-term but he's going to need to find a new long term home. If I can't find him a new home myself I'll have to probably turn him over to the Humane Society or SPCA or one of the other no kill shelter so they can adopt him out.

My question is two parts. First, if I can't find him a home what would be the best recommended organization/shelter to turn him over to for adoption that is in the Tulsa area? Secondly, if any of you guys know anyone interested in him, let me know.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep the little guy. He's already bonded with you and he won't eat much. Betcha getting attached to him too, yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep the little guy. He's already bonded with you and he won't eat much. Betcha getting attached to him too, yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus you will have a great early warning alarm system if someone comes to the door or tries to break in while you are home. Protecting the house those little things are more vicious than a big dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom