I Think I Want A Guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I get paralysis from analysis on projects like this so it may take me awhile to get this thing all put together because I might change my mind, again, on a few things. For now I have everything in my cart to get the Tele-Strat completed including these Fender vintage pickups.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08WG85F3T/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2O1A8NNN5Y1TU&psc=1

1712610121007.png

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get paralysis from analysis on projects like this so it may take me awhile to get this thing all put together.

Might change my mind, again, on a few things but I have everything in my cart on Amazon to get the Tele-Strat completed including these Fender vintage pickups.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08WG85F3T/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2O1A8NNN5Y1TU&psc=1

View attachment 468905
These are pretty nice pickups. And for the money they are going to be hard to beat.

The Pure Vintage 64's are very very nice as well. They are a bit more expensive. I've played a couple of guitars with these. I've been thinking about getting a pair for one of my Teles.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yamaha acoustics are great guitars
I have a Yamaha concert size Transacoustic with onboard reverb and delay that can mimic a 12 string or a big body Martin even unplugged and plugged into a nice PA is great tone and volume control. Pretty spruce top and sounds awesome by a campfire fingerpicking and singin old outlaw country hippie songs

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Well I've hit a little glitch in the Tele build. The body already had the string holes drilled through and the ferrules installed but the holes in the bridge don't match. Also the opening for the bridge pickup is going to need to be routed out some most likely.

I either need to try out some other bridges to see if they will line up with the existing holes or do some work on the body including opening up the space for the pickup and filling all the holes drilled through for the strings and refinishing the body. Since this is a coffee table project that involves a little more than I was prepared for.

The other option is to find another body that I can make work. So I'm on the search for a fix.

The good news is that another member here offered up a guitar/amp combo for sale that I got today so I can start practicing while I sort out this project. I'll let him chime in if he wants, but thanks for the deal!

Messenger_creation_01c1a056-4df2-4590-b9aa-a809bafc2133.jpeg

Messenger_creation_d50a5dca-010c-4e53-b3af-6c575d38bf3b.jpeg

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've hit a little glitch in the Tele build. The body already had the string holes drilled through and the ferrules installed but the holes in the bridge don't match. Also the opening for the bridge pickup is going to need to be routed out some most likely.

I either need to try out some other bridges to see if they will line up with the existing holes or do some work on the body including opening up the space for the pickup and filling all the holes drilled through for the strings and refinishing the body. Since this is a coffee table project that involves a little more than I was prepared for.

The other option is to find another body that I can make work. So I'm on the search for a fix.

The good news is that another member here offered up a guitar/amp combo for sale that I got today so I can start practicing while I sort out this project. I'll let him chime in if he wants, but thanks for the deal!

View attachment 469900

View attachment 469902
It is an adventure with every one of them, your learning curve just a little snag
You will be jammin

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you still want a ready-made that fits your description, just found this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CSLNWTQ...d2572ac775851&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Here is a review on YouTube, dude says it's much better than he expected...

"This beginner guitar comes with a free 3-month subscription to Fender Play that includes free lessons with thousands of instructional videos to build your skills by playing the songs you love"

I'm tempted to order one just to strip the paint and refinish it.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you still want a ready-made that fits your description, just found this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CSLNWTQ...d2572ac775851&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Here is a review on YouTube, dude says it's much better than he expected...

"This beginner guitar comes with a free 3-month subscription to Fender Play that includes free lessons with thousands of instructional videos to build your skills by playing the songs you love"

I'm tempted to order one just to strip the paint and refinish it.

Fender's online resources are really well done. I recommend anyone who is a newby beginner check them out. Their more advanced stuff can be a little boring to me. But they aim it at inexperienced players and you can learn enough to be a good praise band player at church.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Fender's online resources are really well done. I recommend anyone who is a newby beginner check them out. Their more advanced stuff can be a little boring to me. But they aim it at inexperienced players and you can learn enough to be a good praise band player at church.
Well you know that's what I'm aiming for! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom