If the shoe fits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
me it will have to be found somewhere online!

Went looking today for just a casual men's slip-on shoe in an 11W. Not an unusual size and looking for tan, brown, shades of same, I'm not picky.

Not a lot of stores to choose from in town...JC Penney, Stage, Shoe Department, Walmart...but no luck at any of them.

Get online to Amazon Prime and immediately find many to choose from at lower prices than the same store offerings in non-wide sizes. Free shipping and scheduled to be delivered Tuesday.

I know stores can't inventory every size for every person, but if not in stock not even a "Could we order that for you and have it delivered to our store?"

How close is the end of in-store retail shopping? Seems to be getting closer all the time.

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be glad you dont have big feet...it gets even worse when you're over size 12.

When I lived in Waco I needed a pair of shoes for an event. Went to every shoe store there and only found 2 in my size (15)...not even caring about width of the shoe. One was orange basketball shoes, the other were brown leather with tassles on them. Neither suitable for a funeral.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you try Macy's, Dillards, Sears, Payless, DSW, Academy Sports or Bass Pro.
The problem is Men are not fashioneistas and tend to wear shoes until they fall apart.
versus women who will buy a pair every week and wear them once if you let them.
Therefore men's shoe selection is pretty poor.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Live in McAlester and was looking to buy locally if I could.

Did you try Macy's, Dillards, Sears, Payless, DSW, Academy Sports or Bass Pro.
The problem is Men are not fashioneistas and tend to wear shoes until they fall apart.
versus women who will buy a pair every week and wear them once if you let them.
Therefore men's shoe selection is pretty poor.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be glad you dont have big feet...it gets even worse when you're over size 12.

When I lived in Waco I needed a pair of shoes for an event. Went to every shoe store there and only found 2 in my size (15)...not even caring about width of the shoe. One was orange basketball shoes, the other were brown leather with tassles on them. Neither suitable for a funeral.
You think you have it bad? Try having a shoe size of 12 1/2 A! When I can find a shoe that fits, it's usually in the triple digits to buy.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nike won't do half sizes above 12 in the majority of there shoes I have found out. Nikes I use a 13, vans and converse I drop down to a 12. I never see wide versions where I go, I assume if I could find a 12 wife I would be a happy camper or just 12.5s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom