"I'll take it" or PM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was not sure where to look so if it is somewhere then please excuse my ignorance. The question is who gets to buy an item. Is it the first "I'll take it" posted in the thread or is it the first PM sent? I know some post that the first in the thread with "I'll take it" gets it but I am just wondering if there is a rule that applys.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no "rule".

Me personally I rank order PM's and direct thread replies equally based on time stamp.

If I get a PM and also an "I'll take it" reply in the thread...I go off of which one was time stamped the earliest.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think SMS has the right idea. I almost always utilize PMs when extending an offer b/c rarely am I going to just say "I'll take it" because that means no questions asked you're buying it. I am usually going to have a question or two & want to check out the item in person.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go with whoevers first regardless if it's pm or in the thread ,but if you say i'll take it and then don't i ignore you from then on

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First full price offer to buy gets it, whether PM or in the thread. Don't post in my thread you'll take it and then try to lowball me by PM. You will not get the item and I'll post that it's still available in the thread.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think SMS has the right idea. I almost always utilize PMs when extending an offer b/c rarely am I going to just say "I'll take it" because that means no questions asked you're buying it. I am usually going to have a question or two & want to check out the item in person.

yeah and apparently your PM on one certain deal beat my post.....grumble grumble grumble

but I agree time stamp - first contact typically. now if I get an pm offering less than asking 10 minutes before a post saying I'll take it...the I'll take it gets it

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to go in order. Now if I say "first I'll take it" gets it, then that is what I go by. I reolied to a ad that said "first I'll take it , gets it". I replied "I'll take it". I never heard back from the guy and then later he said it sold. If he was not going to honor it, he should not have asked for it. imo. I do take my pms in order when I sell.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah and apparently your PM on one certain deal beat my post.....grumble grumble grumble

but I agree time stamp - first contact typically. now if I get an pm offering less than asking 10 minutes before a post saying I'll take it...the I'll take it gets it

You need to come out to tcgc with me sometime, I'll let you shoot it. LOL

The responses in this thread are exactly why I use PM, if I say "I'll take it" that means I don't want to negotiate & I'm not concerned about condition, I'm ready to do the deal. If I want to negotiate then I might post PM sent but usually I just send the PM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom