"I'll take it" or PM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First 'I'll take it' gets the item. I try to send a response to all inquirers. I am seeing more trades/buys fall through.
When you agree to meet, the communication stops. No replies to PMs or emails. You know when your business has
ended when you see a 'Sold! Thanks OSA!' in the classifieds...and you weren't the beneficiary.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like when someone wants multiple items, then when you tell them that one of the items is already gone, they never respond if they still want the other stuff. I give them a couple days and then move on.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to come out to tcgc with me sometime, I'll let you shoot it. LOL

The responses in this thread are exactly why I use PM, if I say "I'll take it" that means I don't want to negotiate & I'm not concerned about condition, I'm ready to do the deal. If I want to negotiate then I might post PM sent but usually I just send the PM.

we just oughta shoot sometime. I was buyin it as a gift more than anything...but I wouldn't mind shooting it. guessing Justin passed on my comment about wantin to kick ya for that one?

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I go by timestamp if I have multiple buyer at one time on an item.
First time stamp, whether it be pm or post. First is first.

If I have a lowball offer I knock that inquiry down to the bottom of my list of buyers and move to the next willing to pay posted price. If all of them is lowball offers, back to the timestamp if I can accept offer.

When I want to buy something NOW, I make a"pm sent" post to mark time incase someone inquires at the same time. Hopefully seller goes by timestamp as well. If not, oh well...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I think it comes down to honor mostly. And mostly, people seem to have less of it.

I go by time stamp. And once I agree to a deal - whether buyer or seller - I stick with it. I've agreed to sell an item I had listed for $225 for $200, then a bit later had someone offer the full price. I agreed to the first, I'll stick with it. I've had people pissed because they claimed to be the first "I'll take it" when I'd already agreed to a deal. I've also had the seller go with a higher bidder after they'd agreed to my offer.

It comes down to your word. If you say it, do it.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it comes down to honor mostly. And mostly, people seem to have less of it.

I go by time stamp. And once I agree to a deal - whether buyer or seller - I stick with it. I've agreed to sell an item I had listed for $225 for $200, then a bit later had someone offer the full price. I agreed to the first, I'll stick with it. I've had people pissed because they claimed to be the first "I'll take it" when I'd already agreed to a deal. I've also had the seller go with a higher bidder after they'd agreed to my offer.

It comes down to your word. If you say it, do it.

Yep!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom