Im home for good!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad that you made it home to your family. It might have been already mentioned, but at some point, you may be medically retired from active duty. Just like hydration and reaction to a close ambush, planning for military retirement starts yesterday. Don't wait until your paperwork is dragging through the medical board system. I suggest contacting the DAV http://www.dav.org/Default.aspx and seek their advice to ensure you get an appropriate VA rating and learn about all of the entitlements offered. Once retired, changes take much more time to complete. As well, years from now when all of the smoke clears from the current conflicts, you and your family will still be dealing with the results of your blast injuries.

IIRC, you're from the North OKC/ Edmond area. Max out your use of the VA's Voc. Rehab benefits in a career field that you enjoy, can provide for your family and doesn't require busting your ass physically in 20 years. UCO and OKCU are close. You earned it, now use it.

Best of luck!

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you, sir. I was born with just enough of a heart problem that I'm not allowed to serve our great nation through her military. Every day I strap on my carry weapon and head out the door. Without you and those like you, I'd never have the chance to do that. Your service and your sacrifice are more than appreciated. I can't thank you enough. Get well and Deus Vobiscum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom