Info for you to use when people claim the US was founded as a christian nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda lost in the who cares department. Does it really matter in the turbulent year that is 2015 what faith, or the lack of faith, in which the county was founded? This is just a question not an argument. Choose your side of any issue going on right now... When someone brings up how this country was founded and the principles there of, this person is summarily executed, verbally, and given the that was then this is now attitude of opinion generators. So, what is your point and why does it matter today whether the founding fathers of this nation went to church or not?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda lost in the who cares department. Does it really matter in the turbulent year that is 2015 what faith, or the lack of faith, in which the county was founded? This is just a question not an argument. Choose your side of any issue going on right now... When someone brings up how this country was founded and the principles there of, this person is summarily executed, verbally, and given the that was then this is now attitude of opinion generators. So, what is your point and why does it matter today whether the founding fathers of this nation went to church or not?

I'd say this is central to a lot of arguments in the news today. Take your court clerk for example and all the folks whining about what the Supreme Court ruled about gay marriage.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You simply can't accept that you are wrong. Most of the founders were deists, they believed a god, not necessarily Christian, some were Christian, but only a few were actually church goers. There is no mention of god in the constitution for a reason. They founders wanted this new nation to be accepting of all peoples and faiths. Religion is between a man and his god, no one else.

The article you posted makes a lot of assumptions, nowhere does any of the information I provided say that the Constitution imposes a duty on government not to acknowledge God at all. That is a BS line trying to whip readers into a frenzy. Acknowledging god and establishing a Christian nation are two completely different things. The founders were very clear on that. No endorsement of a particular religion, that doesn't mean that there can be acknowledgments of god. What it does mean is that the government cannot compel you to celebrate or worship in any way. It also means that a single person's beliefs cannot be used to encourage or discourage lawful behaviors.

The US government was founded as a secular nation, period. If you don't believe that, that is your prerogative. The page you posted is not even signed by an author, so you can't check their credentials. It is completely full of holes. The original article was not intended as a left-page right page article. The author of your rebuttal has no historical training at all, and here is a link to his about the author page- http://vftonline.org/EndTheWall/aboutauthor.htm

Notice no name, no credentials. I rely on facts and academic research, not crackpot lunatics that have an agenda.

Thanks for clearing all of that up for me, I totally understand now... I'm not going to go back and forth posting links to various sites. It's arguments like yours which just go to prove how far America has fallen from God, from the Federal Government to Hollywood. You don't want God in your lives or your country, congratulations, your getting what you want. The next time we see towers fall at the hands of terrorist or a nuke detonate in a large population, don't ask where God was, because as a nation we have banned Him.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing all of that up for me, I totally understand now... I'm not going to go back and forth posting links to various sites. It's arguments like yours which just go to prove how far America has fallen from God, from the Federal Government to Hollywood. You don't want God in your lives or your country, congratulations, your getting what you want. The next time we see towers fall at the hands of terrorist or a nuke detonate in a large population, don't ask where God was, because as a nation we have banned Him.

are you implying that 9/11 was caused by people who did not believe in god? If i remember correctly, the religious motives were not necessarily clear, and that the perps where likely islamists who believe in god.

So, what you are really saying is, it's the people that don't believe in your god that are ruining your america?!:bigeye::nolike:

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
at least be honest about what your are implying... let the bigot out full force!!

Maybe that's not what you meant..... I'm not sure.

How though, is it that the absence of god in our nation caused 9/11??

I am so confused by this please explain

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when we are no longer One Nation Under God, we will be one nation gone under. I seem to have heard that somewhere.

That's interesting. We didn't start as a nation under god.... if anything "god" has made it significantly worse.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The last time a large population was nuked it was from the United States.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey look, all the petulant babies are justifying self-righteousness by diminishing God!

As a lifelong Christian and religious church-attender (a southern baptist) the only trouble I see is from the sinners. And guess what? We all are in that same bowl of soup, even you defiant anti-theists! We are buddies like that!

Soothe yourselves and feel better by justifying distance between you and God. Go ahead, blame it on 'religion'. Because our nation wasn't founded by Christians, right?

LOL. The hypocrisy of revisionist history.

Latest posts

Top Bottom