is the cold weather next week going to kick it off!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading the Ponca City News tonight, and saw where a person on a street 1/2 mile from any woods had two bucks locked up in their yard. They called out the game ranger to get them unhooked.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've seen several big tree rubs show up on our place in the past week. There have been a few small rub lines here and there for a while now, but a lot more seemed to pop up over night. Things are definately starting to heat up. I'll be in my stand early in the morning and throughout the weekend. Hopefully I'll have some good pics to post up in the next couple of days. That 140" we've been seeing on the cam is bound to make a mistake.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of those bucks near you in Ponca City Dennis. The bigger one died but the other lived.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the cold may affect the food palletabillity which will change the doe movement which will affect the buck movement. Try to hunt all day in this crazy frenzy of rutting madness. The deer become very unpredictable I have some cameras setup on scrapes and the bucks are checking them late night early morning right now, if I am lucky I will get the pics downloaded and catch the timing just right. I will spot a doe urinating in the scrape then I hunt that spot. Three cameras can keep a fella moving all week to see the best spot then you set up there and don't see squat. Deer win hunter losses, the steaks are much higher for the deer in the game.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of those bucks near you in Ponca City Dennis. The bigger one died but the other lived.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

WOW! those are two quality bucks. Looks like Tracy took care of that. They weren't far from his house either.
Those people that live on that side of town have a real problem with deer eating their shrubs, and gardens. I've driven past that area before daylight going fishing at Lake Ponca, and have seen some bucks that would make book. No hunting though.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they have been eating the tops off our turnips in some of the food plots but not others. I have not pulled any up. We just planted them in early Sept.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the rut has already started. I've seen several bucks on the move at different times though out the day. My dad saw a young buck chasing a doe last weekend.

If I remember right...I think I've heard the ODWC trys to put rifle season at the end of the rut to give the deer a chance to breed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom