is the cold weather next week going to kick it off!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rut is fully on right now. I drove out of the field yesterday morning, and saw two huge bucks that had does cut out. I got a short video of one of them I'll post later. They didn't care if I was there or not.

Kawliga

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt near Watonga and the rut has been on for several days now. My huntin' buddy watched deer chasing last Wednesday. I watched several bucks chasing this morning. It's definitely on full swing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rut is fully on right now. I drove out of the field yesterday morning, and saw two huge bucks that had does cut out. I got a short video of one of them I'll post later. They didn't care if I was there or not.

As promised, here is the video. You can't see much and its pretty crappy, but the buck will fall if I see him Saturday.

[Broken External Image]

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am hunting in watonga too. not seeing much of anything.... i dont know what is going on??? we have been on several stands and cant seem to see anything we have 3 pieces of 160ac and we have been hunting all of them and nothing latley. i am hoping this cold will make something come out durring the day light hours for bow this friday and gun sat.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As promised, here is the video. You can't see much and its pretty crappy, but the buck will fall if I see him Saturday.

There are no deer in Kay County. This must not have been in Kay County, eh? BTW I saw two of your Kay County deer dead on the hwy on 11/06/2009. One on I-35 and one on US-60 ... there may been been two on US-60, but it may have been in Grant County. You guys must be getting pretty thin up North. Good luck this weekeand weekend!

Tim / Dreaming Man
:osu

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
checked feeders,stands and cameras yesterday.the bucks must be off busy someplace "cause i saw no buck activity over the last week.one little rub on a sapling. did see a nice set of tracks coming through though.just a few does on film.i guess the boys are running them down.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There are no deer in Kay County. This must not have been in Kay County, eh? BTW I saw two of your Kay County deer dead on the hwy on 11/06/2009. One on I-35 and one on US-60 ... there may been been two on US-60, but it may have been in Grant County. You guys must be getting pretty thin up North. Good luck this weekeand weekend!

Tim / Dreaming Man

Its grant county. There are dead deer all over the highways this time of year. I travel highway 60 between Lamont, and Ponca city, and there are 4 dead does, and one dead buck on the roadside.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warm weather or not, I'm pretty sure the rut is on. I was walking back from the stand Saturday morning and had parked about ten yards from a big briar thicket. About the time I set my bow on the toolbox, a big eight point came crashing out of the other side of the briars, and a doe was with him. I am about 99% sure he was in there having his way with her. Those briars were so thick it seems impossible for something to even crawl in there... apparently they weren't wanting to be disturbed! He should have hung a sock on the doorknob or something and I wouldn't have bothered them... haha

Okieshootist

Marksman
Reaction score

Tim / Dreaming Man

You are absolutly right! There are no deer to speak of in Kay county. The good deer are out west. The further west the bigger they are. With any luck we will have some cold weather starting this weekend and next week. :freezing:
With some cold we might actually see a deer or two. Best of Luck to everyone and make sure you wear your woolies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom