jimenez 380?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wademe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay I was in Sooner State Pawn South on Saturday. my first visit. and I saw these jimenez 380 pistols in there... are they worth a crap? for $120 anyway?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
okay I was in Sooner State Pawn South on Saturday. my first visit. and I saw these jimenez 380 pistols in there... are they worth a crap? for $120 anyway?

If the intended use of the Jimenez .380 is as a self-defense gun or a range gun; the answer is no. If it is to lie on a stack of papers to keep the fan from blowing them off the desk; then maybe, although a rock or similarly weighty object would serve the same purpose, and in case you needed it for self defense, might prove more effective.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in college and first married I bought a Lorcin .25 from the pawn shop around the corner when we started having gang activity in the neighborhood. Lorcin is a cousin to the Jimenez . . .

It is what it is. A Saturday night special. It was accurate enough to hit a target 21 feet away, and it has gone bang every time I pulled the trigger. I've never had any type of failure with it.

You won't win any 3-gun competitions with it. But you could win a knife fight.

Poor people need to defend themselves too. That little SNS brought a feeling of safety and self protection to my family when it was all I could afford.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot a few of those brands, and while not a pleasure to shoot, they've gone bang. I've also seen the firing pins break in two of them, the slide crack on one of them. If you're strapped for cash and needing/wanting a new pistol, look at the hipoints. Ugly, yes... But dependable little work horses (though there are exceptions, some just break)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure the thing may go bang for awhile, and in all likelihood would. But if the OP's question is are they worth $120; then I'd say still say no.

Latest posts

Top Bottom