Jug Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 60' of line with 3 hooks.
Have sets with mustard, circle, and treble hooks. Can't say any is better or worse. Trebles get beef or chicken liver, cut bait,, small shad.
Weights are Solo cups filled with concrete.
Bait. Perch, shad, gold fish, black mollies, cut carp, beef liver, chicken liver, crawdads, shrimp, dough bait, ...........

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have 60' of line with 3 hooks.
Have sets with mustard, circle, and treble hooks. Can't say any is better or worse. Trebles get beef or chicken liver, cut bait,, small shad.
Weights are Solo cups filled with concrete.
Bait. Perch, shad, gold fish, black mollies, cut carp, beef liver, chicken liver, crawdads, shrimp, dough bait, ...........
Do you wrap the livers in anything to keep them on the hook? Have heard of people using hose or other meshy materials. Hadn't thought of using beef liver before.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cut liver in strips like a large nightcrawler.

The bait shop lists them as black mollies, look like finger length drum, to me. First time we used them was because it was all the had and we were not finding shad with cast net. Bought a dozen, put on circle hooks 5/0. Caught 10 blues 15# up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom