Kansas City MO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone needs to experience the original Arthur Bryant's at least once for the atmosphere. I wouldn't recommend going after dark.

I found it after dark from the smell. It was the last chiefs game of the year so it was dark by 5:30 pm though. I liked the original, didn’t care for the one near cabelas.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I found it after dark from the smell. It was the last chiefs game of the year so it was dark by 5:30 pm though. I liked the original, didn’t care for the one near cabelas.

Yeah it's not hard to find, I'm just not into hearing gunfire and high speed chases while dining with the family lol.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was probably about 9 or 10 years ago, but I went to the Jack Stack's in or next to Union Station with some friends while we were ion KC for a conference and dayyum! I had the Burnt Ends and a big Crown Prime Rib that would melt in your mouth. Never had better BBQ before or since.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah it's not hard to find, I'm just not into hearing gunfire and high speed chases while dining with the family lol.
Ambiance, throw in a murder mystery show to boot.

Granted, I’m the guy that read the story about the chicken place in Tulsa that had a murder, and people were stepping over the body/victim to order, and the emergency responders were a bit perplexed. A lot of people were shocked by the behavior. I was thinking it must be really good chicken.
https://www.newson6.com/story/5e366...p-over-shooting-victim-to-reach-pickup-window

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ambiance, throw in a murder mystery show to boot.

Granted, I’m the guy that read the story about the chicken place in Tulsa that had a murder, and people were stepping over the body/victim to order, and the emergency responders were a bit perplexed. A lot of people were shocked by the behavior. I was thinking it must be really good chicken.
https://www.newson6.com/story/5e366...p-over-shooting-victim-to-reach-pickup-window
Dude must have cut in line.[emoji16]

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t find it worth the admission. Took about 2 hours to see everything. Took my wife the year after I went and she asked me to not waste her time like that again.

if you go, the Kansas City Joes is pretty good. Don’t try and eat there because the dining room is small and fills up quick. When we go, we call our order in when we hit Overland Park and just eat in the car. There’s parking behind the building.

if you ever get to New Orleans, the WW2 museum is worth it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for interesting museums, check out the 45th Infantry Division Museum up by NE 36th and Martin Luther King Blvd. Lots of firearms and other military items there on display. Outside displays are tanks, trucks, planes, artillery, and other goodies. Inside could cause a guy to spend hours there looking at all the firearms.

They also have a good collection of Bill Mauldin prints. One of my favorites...

5fa1689983b78.image.jpg

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread but wanted to make sure this got out there on the WW1 Museum: call before you go! We went during COVID last year and they were limiting ticket sales and time allowed in the museum. I felt rushed and did not get the full experience I wanted. This may have changed with the lifting of many restrictions so check to be certain. It is a great museum and is worth at least 3 hours of your time if you have any interest in military history.

KC BBQ - covered very well by lots of other posters. Some of the better ones are in dodgy neighborhoods so plan accordingly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom