Key mod Handguards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many want one?

• I gotsta have it now I'll sell a couple guns to get one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its ugly I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419993515.296665.jpg

I think 16 inch barrels are sexy!

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the move away from quad rails. They can be a bit much, at least for me. Just how many accessories can be mounted, from a practical standpoint? What I haven't figured out yet, is what keymod has to offer over a handguard with a full rail on the top and some well placed short rail sections with QD mounted accessories.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who was the first engineer to think about the key moad idea?

Greg Keymod. He was a janitor at Vltor. Late one night he was mopping the Vltor shop during an electrical storm and accidentally spilled some mop water on a lathe at the exact same time lighting struck it. Bam! Just like that the keymod was born.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get the move away from quad rails. They can be a bit much, at least for me. Just how many accessories can be mounted, from a practical standpoint? What I haven't figured out yet, is what keymod has to offer over a handguard with a full rail on the top and some well placed short rail sections with QD mounted accessories.

For me, it is not about the accessories. I had a chance to shoot a rifle with a key mod guard on it. It was light, comfortable, slim, and fit my hand a lot better when shooting. I still have a YHM Diamond on my rifle, but will probably change it out in time.

Have you had a chance to play with one yet?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have yet to see a keymod HG in person; as far as I can tell, it works via mounts attached with specially-shaped nuts that fit through the large holes and slide laterally into the narrow slots. Then the nuts are tightened down. Correct?

If that's how it is, then what keeps the nuts from coming loose during use, and the mount sliding back and forth in the slots? At least with a picatinny rail, the cross-bolts would have to come out completely before the mount slides (unless the mount uses a clamp for quick-release).

Latest posts

Top Bottom