Kohler Courage Engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Kohler Commercial on my Bad Boy 60".

That engine is a beast. 700+ hours on it now.

I do over 5 acres at least once a week, sometimes twice.

Yeah, it's a 2000 hour engine that matches your mower! Bad Boy sells a mower through TSC that has a POS briggs on it...glad you didn't buy one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a 2000 hour engine that matches your mower! Bad Boy sells a mower through TSC that has a POS briggs on it...glad you didn't buy one.

I bought mine from a local dealer in PC. They advocate the Kohler. I had a friend travel to Stillwater, (their other dealership), and they were promoting the Briggs.

Took about 2 minutes on Google to figure which one to go with.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad I went with Honda lawnmower. Mine is in the shop right now because I hit a piece of square steel tubing and bent the pizzz out of the crankshaft. It fired right up after I made sure the blades weren't sheared off. Took it in to be fixed and they said that even the homeowner engines are almost commercial rated. Parts are pretty cheap too, a brand new crankshaft is only about $60. Sure wish they had a small zero turn rider like Toro, I'm really eyeing one of those just for the time savings, it takes me about 3 hours to edge, weedeat and mow the front and back. I figure I could do it all in half that with a 36" zero turn.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i personally know of three that have blown up. something about the wrist pin shearing or something like that. get the 'command' motor and you'll be better off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom