Lance Armstrong gave up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still, he's one of the greatest aerobic/ endurance athletes in history, and I respect him for that.

I agree! He is an amazing athlete. He's also been good to the American people too, e.g. Livestrong. I don't think he did anything. At least nothing more or less than any other cyclist is or is not doing. He just beat their butts and their pissy little butts can't take it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in the fight...but I find it interesting that in the long statement you posted, never once did I read "I never doped". The closest to it was the part about "played by the rules when I raced". Which insn't exactly the same as "I never doped". Most of his beef seems to be with the process...not the actual fact of whether he doped or not.

Has he recently clearly stated that he has never doped?

He has made statements to his innocence in the past (along with submitting himself to hundreds of tests). It obviously doesn't matter to the public what he says if some folks still "thinks he doped". That being said, this tax-funded organization has no right to pursue this case as long as they did. Either they act as the criminal justice system and find him guilty/innocent, or they are nothing more than a glorified public-opinion whore that wants to soil his name.

Either way - it should have been over long before now and the guy (if I had to guess) is probably running out of money just to continue proving them wrong.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has made statements to his innocence in the past (along with submitting himself to hundreds of tests). It obviously doesn't matter to the public what he says if some folks still "thinks he doped". That being said, this tax-funded organization has no right to pursue this case as long as they did. Either they act as the criminal justice system and find him guilty/innocent, or they are nothing more than a glorified public-opinion whore that wants to soil his name.

Either way - it should have been over long before now and the guy (if I had to guess) is probably running out of money just to continue proving them wrong.

lance was the best Ever, he's a national hero and should not be dogged by some USA committee, hes has proved his is innocent for many times over

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read what other pro cyclists and UCI are saying ... http://velonews.competitor.com/tag/lance-armstrong-doping

if hundreds of clean drug tests means nothing, then why are all the elite cyclist going through it???

despite all the misleading headlines ... Lance Armstrong has not lost all 7 TDF titles. only UCI can take that away. UCI has issued a statement that until an independent panel looks at the hard evidence. they will not sanction Lance.

UCI has stated this case is very unusual that accused cannot see evidence of why he is being charged. so has NO way to defend himself. there is NO way that can be fair to the accused. USADA has not provided any evidence to UCI or to Armstrong. only evidence shared is accusation letter, which is vaguely written at best.

let's say for the sake of argument, Lance is guilty of doping despite passing 500+ drugs tests. How can anyone reach back to events that took place back in 1998. statue of limitations has to come into play?

two years and millions of $$$ later. if there was one shred of hard evidence, you can bet the US Attorney general would not have dropped case against Lance Armstrong.

USADA needs to be stripped of public funding ... enough of this garbage!!!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what it's worth, USADA is not directly funded with taxpayer dollars. They DO receive ~$8M in grants that you have to apply for. How the rules are structured for those specific grants are a different story. They could be structured like many government RFP's are structured so that only one entity meets all of the specific requirements.

http://www.usada.org/uploads/2011annualreport.pdf

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The USADA is using this to promote themselves on Armstrong's back.

Some slick ad agency will pick this up, twist it around, and you'll see Lance Armstrong hocking some kind of snake oil from your big screen TV and making millions doing it by this time next year, probably sooner.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tired of fighting means guilty IMO. Why throw away your entire reputation, legacy, legend, place in history if you are really innocent? Total BS. Tired of fighting. That is real week. If you are really innocent, you fight it to the day you die in order to clear your name and reputation.

Way to quit (admit it) Lance.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The USADA is using this to promote themselves on Armstrong's back.

IF this is true, it backfired.

Some slick ad agency will pick this up, twist it around, and you'll see Lance Armstrong hocking some kind of snake oil from your big screen TV and making millions doing it by this time next year, probably sooner

I highly doubt it, he's just not that kind of guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom