lasik

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I did it 2 weeks ago. I was 20/400 or a little worse.
I had the Customview procedure done at Triad in Tulsa.
First couple of days I had some irritation in the left eye and have some morning dry eye but it isn't much of a problem.
At 48 the need for reading glasses after was a a given going in.
Mine still haven't settled out as of my last appointment per the Dr. it takes about a month for it to completely settle out but my impression is that they are a little better every day.

So far I'm very happy with it.

royallbinky

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife had it done in 2008 and I had mine done in 2009, it is truly the best money I have ever spent. I had worn glasses since the age of 5 and it was amazing to be able to roll over and see the clock in the middle of the night. Ours was performed in Tulsa at Triad.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm taking my kid there in a few days. Tried to get it done earlier but his eyes had not recovered from the contacts.
I was glad they didn't try to rush us in to doing it then.
They seem to know what they are doing and don't try to do it before the eyes are ready, so far I like them.

I think this subject needs an update. My son had the procedure done, I think about a month or so ago (during spring break). The organization there is excellent, that's all they do and I could not find anything to complain about. Today he went back for examination, all is well, his vision is 20/16.
I would have been happy even with 20/20 considering that his eyesight used to be pretty bad.
The only negative was that I had to drive from Tulsa to OKC but I think it was worth it and I'm glad I did it.
Thanks Dr Wilson.

Tanksta

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son had his eye done a back in February I think. Didn't work like they expected. Still not good vision in it. Will probably have to have an enhancement surgery in a few months. They said that should fix it....

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son had his eye done a back in February I think. Didn't work like they expected. Still not good vision in it. Will probably have to have an enhancement surgery in a few months. They said that should fix it....

I wish you the best of luck, nothing like good eyes. I was blessed with good eyes till I hit 40ish. I went with my son to Dr Wilson and I asked them if they can fix me up also and basically they told me that I can't win. Age!

OkieHD1911

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I had lasik surgery right eye only and see well for distance. I can still read the fine print with my left eye. Probably not for everyone but I can read the newspaper without glasses and see to drive without glasses.

I did it 2 weeks ago. I was 20/400 or a little worse.
I had the Customview procedure done at Triad in Tulsa.
First couple of days I had some irritation in the left eye and have some morning dry eye but it isn't much of a problem.
At 48 the need for reading glasses after was a a given going in.
Mine still haven't settled out as of my last appointment per the Dr. it takes about a month for it to completely settle out but my impression is that they are a little better every day.

So far I'm very happy with it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only person who has no desire for Lasik? People ask me all the time "Why don't you?" or "When are you gonna?" I wouldn't do it if they paid ME for it.

I've always had horrible vision and I've worn glasses as long as I can remember. I don't mind them at all really. Besides, I think I look goofier than normal when I'm not wearing glasses.

About the only annoying thing is summertime and juggling prescription sunglasses and regular glasses. Kind of annoying when kayaking or fishing something. Always have wear something with a pocket for them,; if I lost my regular glasses on the water when it got dark someone would have to lead me back to town by my hand. Other than that they never bother me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom