LEO Blog Post - Open Letter to the Jane Q. Public I wrote those tickets to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have arrested her.

I think this story consists of a little creative editing and is most likely an aggregate of multiple encounters but the gist is accurate. That includes not arresting on an outstanding municipal warrant from another jurisdiction. I'll give you an example.

Friday night we pull over two young men in a 2005 rolling s#!tbox. Headlight out, windshield busted all to hell, rear end completely smashed with a tail light out and the trunk hanging half open with stuff sticking out, after he failed to use his signal (the one that would've worked). Well the driver comes back with an outstanding warrant for failure to pay on you guessed it, defective equipment. The driver does a song and dance about how he missed his court date, got the headlight fixed (he went around and beat on the headlight and it flickered back on temporarily), and mailed a late payment. Sure. He wasn't exactly the most convincing of storytellers let's just say.

Well the last guy we took in on an outstanding warrant was a fairly straightforward affair and only took about 30 minutes. Dispatch confirmed his warrant was valid. We really just wanted his rolling road hazard off the street, so we decide to hook him and his car up since his buddy didn't have a DL (had lost his license for other reasons), so he wasn't driving it anywhere. We get to jail and they're one for one (they only take one in as another one is released due to capacity). We're #8 in line. Damn. So we pull his paperwork and the warrant is execution only (they pay the exact amount they are delinquent on and get released) and it's for $29. No court costs or other fees, just $29. It takes 2 hours to process the guy for $29.

Not...Worth...It... :(

Everyone else we dealt with on shift was really decent, to include the DUI we got and the guy making payments on 13 warrants that was most likely just the slow system catching up. We reciprocated in kind and they were appreciative of it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of a woman driving a new Cadillac down highway 37, weaving across the centerline. When she was stopped, she threatened that her lawyer husband would have out badges for stopping her. When we called him, his embarrassed statement was lock her up for the weekend, maybe that will get her attention.

Well.....well.....well......

......Dang it, Man! Don't keep us hanging in suspense....

Did you arrest her?

(Now see below...)

LOL no kidding. That's what I thought when he said it. :scratch: :nolike: BTW he missed surgery that morning. Figured it was the least I could do for his patient....... :)

THIS is a man you should emulate....

.....just sayin'.

Good job, GC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom