Liquor Store Owner Firing at Robbers Shot by Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The owner of a southwest Oklahoma City liquor store is in critical condition after he was shot by police officers. Authorities say the store owner was shooting at two robbery suspects at that time.

According to Oklahoma City police, officers responded to an unrelated stabbing incident at about 6 p.m. in the area of S.W. 44th Street and May Avenue.

At about 8 p.m. the officers heard several gunshots fired nearby. When they went around the corner to investigate, police say they saw a man, later identified as a liquor store owner, shooting at two people in a vehicle.

According to police, those two people in the vehicle had attempted to rob the liquor store earlier, that's why the store owner began chasing them and shooting at them.

However, the officers did not know what was going on, only that the store owner was firing shots at the suspect vehicle. That's when they opened fire at the store owner, police said.

The store owner was transported to the hospital in critical condition.

http://www.news9.com/story/23261327/police-investigate-shooting-in-southwest-okc

The part in bold is very, very important.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dangit! Store owner should not have been shooting at a fleeing vehicle but that DOES NOT excuse what the cops did. Its hard to figure out what is going on if you walk up in the middle of a gun fight. We know what happens next, police dept circles the wagons. We will hear how the officers repeatedly told the store owner to drop his weapon and the officers will be cleared.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone is firing a weapon at a fleeing car, they are almost always going to be in the wrong, no? Anyone exhibiting such careless disregard for public safety is certainly not safe from being shot by police.

You may fire to stop a robbery or felony in progress, to protect yourself from imminent death or bodily harm, but I don't don't know that there are many situations where you would be justified in shooting at a fleeing automobile in a public place... especially if you chased them out of your own business to do so.

Bring back memories of Jerome Erstland, no?

Sorry... I don't really see the police having done anything wrong here from the few facts we have. Certainly not enough to be calling them out on it.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Store owner was breaking the law and was attempting to murder the people in the car, even tho they tried to rob him earlier in the day.
Cops did nothing wrong, your not going stop and ask whats going on in the middle of a gun fight.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is firing a weapon at a fleeing car, they are almost always going to be in the wrong, no? Anyone exhibiting such careless disregard for public safety is certainly not safe from being shot by police.

You may fire to stop a robbery or felony in progress, to protect yourself from imminent death or bodily harm, but I don't don't know that there are many situations where you would be justified in shooting at a fleeing automobile in a public place... especially if you chased them out of your own business to do so.

Bring back memories of Jerome Erstland, no?

Sorry... I don't really see the police having done anything wrong here from the few facts we have. Certainly not enough to be calling them out on it.

Agreed!!!!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on what I read the cops were right on in their response. I'd even give kudos to the cops for going to investigate the sounds of gunshots in the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom