Liquor Store Owner Firing at Robbers Shot by Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dangit! Store owner should not have been shooting at a fleeing vehicle but that DOES NOT excuse what the cops did. Its hard to figure out what is going on if you walk up in the middle of a gun fight. We know what happens next, police dept circles the wagons. We will hear how the officers repeatedly told the store owner to drop his weapon and the officers will be cleared.

you ever been in a GD gun fight?"
Thought not.
You ever had anyone point a gun at you in anger?
thought not.
Gun fight going down, lead flying, you walk into the middle of it as a cop.........you got no damn time to figure out who is the good guy.
You holler drop the friggin weapon.......and if they don't you got to assume they are the bad guy.
Some times **** just happens...............

ok. rant off.back to my peaceful retirement where I don't have to give a flyin frick who is the dumb ass and who is the bad guy..

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too soon to be making judgments, but as stated in the above posts, the store owner was clearly in violation of the law.

The specifics surrounding the police/shooter interaction are at this point conjecture. We don't know exactly what happened.

I suspect the officers will draw no sanctions, and the store owner may be charged. I understand his rage, but he was still outside the law. This differs from the Ersland case in a number of ways.

I'm glad I wasn't driving down that street when that was going down.

<edit> Went to the link--there is more than the OP's paste covers. Nice to see that the store owner got a piece of one of the alledged robbers, though that may earn him more grief (if he lives). The presence of gang unit officers in the area should be all we need to know about this part of town. Here's more:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to police, those two people in the vehicle had attempted to rob the liquor store earlier, that's why the store owner began chasing them and shooting at them.

However, according to Captain Dexter Nelson with the Oklahoma City police, the officers did not know what was going on, only that a man was firing shots at two people inside a vehicle.

Capt. Nelson said the store owner did not comply with officers' orders and they were forced to open fire.

The store owner was transported to the hospital in critical condition.

The suspect vehicle crashed nearby. The two suspects attempted to run away from the scene. They were taken into custody by members of the Oklahoma City police gang unit who happened to be in the area.

It turns out one of the robbery suspects was hit by gunfire. He's in critical condition. The other received injuries in the crash.

The officers involved were not injured.

Police have not identified anyone involved in this case.

The shooting is still under investigation.

Last edited:

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If the robbery started in the liquor store, thats where it should have ended, no need for cameras they would only be used against the store owner. Business owners don't have very many rights outside their business or outside of our homes. How does anyone stay ever vigilant and ready for that one time when it happens? I mean never letting your guard down just that one time? Business owners go thru that every day they open up.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sucks is that a store owner just trying to run a business is now in critical condition because some thugs thought they were entitled to his money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom