Little River Zoo, Norman OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there many times over the years with both the kids and grandkids. Great place, guided tours. Not the OKC zoo but the focus is different.

In recent years its gone down hill some (a lot actually). Dirty, trails not well maintained, stinks in some areas. The staff claims hard times, not getting enough donations etc. Maybe so.

Haven't been there since this time last year. Might be in recovery mode.

Still worth a trip. Kids love it.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice place to visit, maybe wait until its not like 9 or so degrees. I think its privately owned, so they run off donations. We went again last year, and some improvements had been made. Crowds will be much smaller, and the chance to closer to, or touch, any of the animals is far greater than the big zoo's.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a nice small, private run zoo. Nothin' fancy but kids really enjoy gettin' up close to the animals. Funding is tight now, like everything else. I always enjoy it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is OK but I much prefer GW. You can get closer to the animals and if you pay the extra to go in the back and they have babies, you can hold them. The wife with wolf hybrids and me with a baby black bear.

ai913.photobucket.com_albums_ac338_RickN1_photos_GW_167239_R1_08_16A_009.jpg

ai913.photobucket.com_albums_ac338_RickN1_photos_GW_167239_R1_02_22A_003.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom