Looking for a place for my sons and I too target shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATMGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for someone that has property around the Yukon area where my sons and I can target shoot.
We want to practice some long range shooting up to about 600yrds if posible. I have a 223 and my oldest son has a 308. We're very conservative and safe with our shooting, willing to met face to face by you a cup of coffee or breakfast to discus.
Please let me know if this is doable, thanks.

ATMGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for someone that has property around the Yukon area where my sons and I can target shoot.
We want to practice some long range shooting up to about 600yrds if posible. I have a 223 and my oldest son has a 308. We're very conservative and safe with our shooting, willing to met face to face by you a cup of coffee or breakfast to discus.
Please let me know if this is doable, thanks.
Bump.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would go that range off banner road. It only costs a person to shoot all day long. I don't know about shooting 600 yard targets out there.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, there are a lot of people who have nowhere to shoot other than the indoor ranges and the couple outdoor ranges like banner. There's H&H which has several lanes but is in a constant state of disrepair with shooting platforms too high to shoot off when seated (if you can find a chair) and unbearably hot from May to October and has no adequate ventilation (you'll have a nose like coal miner when you're done). However, H&H is a great store and I've almost always had excellent service. If H&H ever remodeled and improved their shooting range with actual ventilation and air conditioning and somehow made the lanes longer they would be the premier store/range in Oklahoma and maybe beyond. I really hope they do, I like them.

Heartland Outdoors...far fewer lanes than H&H but in much nicer condition. The huge flower in Heartlands bonnet is that their shooting lanes are climate controlled and ventilated sufficiently. In the summer you can actually comfortably shoot (some cold natured people may even develop a chill, which in Oklahoma summer is unheard of) and their ventilation system really works...really works, no coal miner nose at all! In fact, H&H's terrible climate control and ventilation is Heartlands best advertisement. People who would normally be shooting at H&H in the cooler months flock to Heartland as soon as the days turn even close to warm.

Banner road...I don't know, I've been wanting to go try the range since it's pointless shooting my Grendel, or most rifles, at the indoor ranges 30 yard lanes. I've heard good and bad about Banner Road so I'm curious to see in person. The downfall obviously being in the Oklahoma summer anywhere outside is like Hell's backyard so bring your water and Gatorade.

I actually find it both, sad and ironic, that in the state famous for it's huge open plains, we have no "open to public" ranges where Oklahomans can shoot long range and not have to be accepted into a club to have access.

OKCGC...I'm not a member but I have visited with a member and I was quite impressed. They have a very nice setup there that has just about any kind of shooting area you can imagine from rimfire to cowboy action to long range. You do have to go through an application and acceptance process but I don't know how "selective" they are so it's a wild card.

Finding someone who's going let strangers come shoot on their land is going to be difficult since the lack of shooting areas around OKC means there are always people looking for the same thing who've been waiting far longer. I wish you good luck though, personally, since its summer, I would suggest Heartland. It's climate controlled and would be a good place to teach a young shooter.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mind that H&H is hot/cold or...whatever. It pretty much replicates the weather outside; for that day anyway. For a fair and decent price, you can go bust caps to your heart's content if you don't mind the crud in the air. I like that so many people dis' (sp?) H&H so when I do get to go; I can usually get in pretty quickly.

KUKUY555

New to the site!
Reaction score
if ur ever around guymon ok , best places to shoot open ranges any ammo any gun , town is close to 20 min great food , and one of the best gun shops around the area is pops , its far from okc but if u travel that way its nice ,

Latest posts

Top Bottom