Looking for some non-fried fish recipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try cooking them on an electric grill. Foreman grill or similar. Ours is a Hamilton Beach model. Prep fish filets, spray grill with olive oil. Preheat grill for a few minutes then place filets in grill and close it up. 10 minutes or so and they are tender, flaky and ready for some lemon and seasonings.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in southern CA near the ocean so we grew up eating alot of seafood and I still cook alot of it that I get at Bodeans or White River, I love it broiled baked or grilled. I usually do mine with just butter and or olive oil and garlic and maybe some other herbs and seasoning. Can you not do that with fresh water fish? I eat it at my brothers, moms or the inlaws but dont cook it myself so I am not familiar with eating or cooking it besides the battered and fried version. It would seem to me like you could do the same with freshwater fish. Batter it and bake it? Bake it in some butter and garlic.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Stripper guide, who is also a chef, had me bake them with onions and red/yellow/green bell peppers with fajitas seasoning. So basically bake all together it was really good. 350 till done.

Also pay fry works great. Lot less greasie. Lil olive oil in a skillet. In fact that's how I like my fish I don't do deep fried.

Last edited by a moderator:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get some Shake and bake for fish. Makes a nice crust, No grease.

We actually use some of the spicy shake and bake for pork on occasion for a mix up.

Crappie, walleye, sauger, and saugeye are so flaky that you will likely have to eat it in chunks, instead of whole pieces.

I love grilling sand bass, hybrid and striper. They hold together enough for the grill. You can get a grill basket to put the fish in that holds it, so you just have to turn the basket over to cook the other side.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think baking in butter might be just as unhealthy as frying it.

The key here is dipping in a little melted butter before grilling, broiling or baking. Not giving it a bath in a half pound of butter as it cooks. Little butter or olive oil, light sprinkle of garlic powder and maybe a light sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning. Grill, broil or bake till flakey & enjoy.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Stripper guide, who is also a chef, had me bake them with onions and red/yellow/green bell peppers with fajitas seasoning. So basically bake all together it was really good. 350 till done.

Also pay fry works great. Lot less greasie. Lil olive oil in a skillet. In fact that's how I like my fish I don't do deep fried.

Do you just put it all in a dish and bake it or wrap in a tin foil or parchment pouch?

Latest posts

Top Bottom