Lots of things have changed in my life ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I could do that.

Lmao! You know that Integris has "virtual" doctors visits now, right?? Hell I can't get the doctors to hear the words coming outta my mouth when I'm right there where I can reach out and choke them ... lol ... why would I want to be on a computer where they can "accidentally" hit the delete button? :hey3:

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have constant pain that I can generally ignore during the day but it becomes much more apparent when I'm trying to shut the hard drive down and get to sleep. I used to take Diphenhydramine in the form of Tylenol Nighttime or Unisom, two or three times a week.

Recently I've been taking melatonin, which has helped quite a bit.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy am I glad it works for you! I didn't have much luck with it, which is kinda typical for me. I'll see some positive results for a short time (placebo effect, I'm sure) and then after that it will be like I'd never taken anything. That has been true of herbal stuff, OTC stuff, Rx stuff, "lifestyle" techniques ...

I was up at 3:30 this morning. Although tired as a dog, I'm STILL not sleepy. It's an interesting dilemma, for sure. I've been a hyper-viligent, light sleeper my entire life so at this age I've pretty much decided it just is what it is. Thank goodness it's rather cyclic in nature and not a constant. It'll pass in a few weeks and I'll be good for a couple-three months if I'm lucky.

I'm the only person I know who can take an ambien and go on about my life like I took a sugar pill ... I most definitely see a benadryl in my life about 8:30-9:00 this evening. It is too funny to me that I don't have allergies but I've got a stash of antihistamine that would rival any hay fever sufferer ... lol

Last edited:

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked shift work for several years and since then I never sleep more than 2 or 3 hours at a time.Might be awake for 30 minutes, might be awake for 3 or 4 hours then sleep another 3 hours.I envy people that get 7 or 8 hours straight sleep.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I feel almost guilty saying this but between 2 hours of work one out (my autocorrect has a DURTY, DURTY mind :lookaroun Lol) yesterday and one benadryl and I slept like the dead last night. Guess I need to just start working out ALL the time and "treating" my allergies. Lol

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm...Don't feel guilty. It's natural and everyone does. Some just lie about it. Glad it made you sleep thou. Does the same for me and I assume it's because it relieves stress and tension.

LMAO

Rotflmao! Autocorrect makes me sound so much more dirty than I already am ... And THAT'S saying something ... :rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom