Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or the pressure inside equalizes to the outside pressure due to leaks and it stays intact.
Planes are not built to be waterproof, it will depend on how fast it fills up with water.
Yeah, there are pretty much two ways it plays out for the occupants of the plane. If the cabin is intact and capable of holding pressure, it and its occupants get crushed like a pop can; if the cabin is not intact, its occupants get crushed like pop cans. Either way, if you were an occupant of the plane, you most likely had a very bad day.

NPR's Morning Edition had a pretty good segment on this Tuesday morning, and discussed some more technical info. F'rinstance, the aircraft was equipped with several life rafts, and each of them were equipped with beacons that automatically start beaconing when they inflate--and none have. They also noted that the redundancies and locations of the flight systems, combined with the aircraft's fire detection and suppression systems, make it highly unlikely that a fire could've shut down all of the systems as this one's apparently did.

I'll see if I can dig up the URL tomorrow...

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that they've defined the area of the pinging, they were describing the stuff that the pinging has to come up through. There are weather systems down there. The world's largest waterfall is down there. How can this be???

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For that to happen, it would have to be somewhere between Greenland and Iceland.

They were saying in a general way, that the world's largest waterfall is at the bottom of the ocean, and that there are gigantic mountain ranges, valleys and topography to parallel our surface features. That there are weather systems that move through down there. But i don't understand how there can be waterfalls. Is some water heavier than other? Has it to do with salinity?

Edit: It sounds like a whole new frontier, ripe for exploration. Think of the untapped resources, treasure troves of gold never touched. A 4 billion year old world, untouched, unexplored. the mineral assets would be more than up here on the surface, because the area is bigger.

Last edited:

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were saying in a general way, that the world's largest waterfall is at the bottom of the ocean, and that there are gigantic mountain ranges, valleys and topography to parallel our surface features. That there are weather systems that move through down there. But i don't understand how there can be waterfalls. Is some water heavier than other? Has it to do with salinity?

Edit: It sounds like a whole new frontier, ripe for exploration. Think of the untapped resources, treasure troves of gold never touched. A 4 billion year old world, untouched, unexplored. the mineral assets would be more than up here on the surface, because the area is bigger.

Or it could be where Mermaids live.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to get Vladimir in this hunt right away. I'll bet he could find this plane no matter where.

Here he is retrieving artifacts believed to be from the lost city of Atlantis.
i.huffpost.com_gen_368696_thumbs_r_VLADIMIR_PUTIN_DIVE_large570.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But i don't understand how there can be waterfalls.

Water temperatures, and currents can cause water to move. If its adjacent to a geographical feature that would channel the water, it would simulate a "waterfall".

All of our lakes in Oklahoma "turn over" because of temperature reasons. It typically happens in one or two days, where the bottom water comes to the surface, and vica versa. Once in the fall and once in the spring.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water temperatures, and currents can cause water to move. If its adjacent to a geographical feature that would channel the water, it would simulate a "waterfall".

All of our lakes in Oklahoma "turn over" because of temperature reasons. It typically happens in one or two days, where the bottom water comes to the surface, and vica versa. Once in the fall and once in the spring.

Yep. And if your water comes from Foss, it has a brownish-green tint, gritty texture, and kills 90-day filters in a week.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom