Man shot and killed by trooper after fleeing driver's license checkpoint in Miami, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please define "successful outcome".

Perhaps driver gets a citation after a random check, thereby earning a little revenue?

Perhaps driver has a large amount of cash on hand, thereby earning a lot of revenue?

Perhaps driver has no violation, is handed back his documents, and told to "have a safe trip". (driver leaves, relieved to not be in trouble, possibly aware that something's not right about a free American submitting to a checkpoint)
I think you missed the point.

A successful outcome would be no check point to begin with, and thus no crazy man pulling his gun for an irrational stop.

This is not an anti-LEO position, either. The problems tend to go higher up on the CoC.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems to me he was running, and took his gun with him, way i read it, at least. guess the video may show otherwise. either way, there never should have been a checkpoint to run.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It appears these "safety checkpoints" aren't very safe, for the people breaking the law or the people being pulled over.

You know...instead of being on here preaching to the choir why don't you get on the phone or better yet go in person to the state capitol and start lobbying for change. For the record I'm not a big fan of these checkpoints either.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seems to me he was running, and took his gun with him, way i read it, at least. guess the video may show otherwise. either way, there never should have been a checkpoint to run.

This seems probable - you know if he left his gun in te vehicle, they'd never give it back.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You know...instead of being on here preaching to the choir why don't you get on the phone or better yet go in person to the state capitol and start lobbying for change. For the record I'm not a big fan of these checkpoints either.

And IMO, this is a big problem. The people don't like it, the patrol officers don't like it, but some power/money grubbing politician/company/idealist has decided it must be done. Problem is, the people who get hurt due to this, is the people and the officers, not those who made the rules.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And IMO, this is a big problem. The people don't like it, the patrol officers don't like it, but some power/money grubbing politician/company/idealist has decided it must be done. Problem is, the people who get hurt due to this, is the people and the officers, not those who made the rules.

+1^^^^^^^

I have called my reps several times, and will do it again now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom