Most used .22 rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 10/22 is tops if you want to mod it any at all. You can go from bone stock to full on custom.

If you just want a bone stock beater .22 and plan on just shooting it, the Marlin 60 will do you just fine though.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 511 Score Master that I bought at a pawn shop in Antlers. I was just a wee lad, and a gunsmith by the name of Dan Simonton got a hold of it. That little $55 .22 was worked over by the old national match armorer, recrowned, polished trigger, free floated and fully bedded action. It shoots a ragged hole as long as you feel like shooting at 50 yds. He was truly one of the finest gentlemen I ever knew and I get a little misty everytime I think about the hours I spent in his back garage shop listening to him and breathing the Hoppes #9 elixir. Yeah, it's not for sale, ever.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 511 Score Master that I bought at a pawn shop in Antlers. I was just a wee lad, and a gunsmith by the name of Dan Simonton got a hold of it. That little $55 .22 was worked over by the old national match armorer, recrowned, polished trigger, free floated and fully bedded action. It shoots a ragged hole as long as you feel like shooting at 50 yds. He was truly one of the finest gentlemen I ever knew and I get a little misty everytime I think about the hours I spent in his back garage shop listening to him and breathing the Hoppes #9 elixir. Yeah, it's not for sale, ever.

Dan Simonton was a great gunsmith and a hell of a nice guy. He was a natural teacher and was probably the best .45 auto guy in Oklahoma. I share your feeling of loss. I regret meeting him so late in his career. CB

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marlin 60 here, Its stupid accurate all day long. I had nanotech on here do some trigger work to it and its 100000X better than it was stock. Granted the 10/22 is highly moddable and I might get one eventually but a marlin 39 is higher on the list after shooting my friends.

Ive held .5" groups at 25 yards quick firing it and nanotech did even better than that when he test fired it after working on it.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Marlin model 60 Glenfield that looks like someone used it to beat out a brush fire that still shoots better than I do. I bought it for $45 at a pawn shop, and it's ran all day long with no issues for me.

I don't have a 10/22 because "modding" a .22 seems like kissing your sister to me :)

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Marlin model 60 is used by a lot of people here, it seems to be a popular gun for using as a tool. I have a 10/22 for plinking and fun shooting too,one of my favorite toys, I have never had one to shoot worth a hoot from the factory accuracy wise,by the time I rebarrel and play with it it gets so heavy I do not want to tote it thru the woods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom