Most used .22 rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marlin 60 here, Its stupid accurate all day long. I had nanotech on here do some trigger work to it and its 100000X better than it was stock. Granted the 10/22 is highly moddable and I might get one eventually but a marlin 39 is higher on the list after shooting my friends.

Ive held .5" groups at 25 yards quick firing it and nanotech did even better than that when he test fired it after working on it.

Those $450 10/22s look cool, but my old Model 60 is just as accurate and way easier to load.

I have a Marlin model 60 Glenfield that looks like someone used it to beat out a brush fire that still shoots better than I do. I bought it for $45 at a pawn shop, and it's ran all day long with no issues for me.

I don't have a 10/22 because "modding" a .22 seems like kissing your sister to me :)

I agree.

IMO, for the money, it's the Marlin every time. I put at least 300 rounds through it every time I take it out. Good clean fun.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
The good old Model 60 used to be advertised as the world most popular .22 way over a million produced
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/60.asp

Mine was a Christmas present in 1978 or '79. killed many a squirrel and rabbit for the table with it and it has dispatched bunches of vermin over the years. Clean it once in a while, keep it lubed and it keeps on shooting.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Both my wife and myself have 10/22s, mine is a heavy barreled scoped range gun, hers is a smoothed factory carbine.

The only "mods" I will do further on mine will be to replace the extractor and do something for the mag release.

Latest posts

Top Bottom