Moving to Hudson Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have been looking for some land and house outside of town for a while now. Last week we looked at 10 mountain top acres that overlooks Hudson lake. We made an offer and the owners accepted. We were wanting a pond but I think the lake will work just fine for fishing. We are pretty excited, here is a couple of the views.

sa_mokin.com_images_MountainHouse1.jpg

sa_mokin.com_images_MountainHouse2.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty nice. I wish I could do that. Wife isn't interested in moving though, wants to stay close to kids/grandkids.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, really am happy for you if you like the lake and the outdoors. I live on Gibson and love it. Except --- Internet sucks, nearest real grocery store is 19 miles away, no live real music in the local area, and a few skunks come by and bother the dogs.

We really like it here, the air just tastes better, and the boat dock is less than a mile away.

Enjoy

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, really am happy for you if you like the lake and the outdoors. I live on Gibson and love it. Except --- Internet sucks, nearest real grocery store is 19 miles away, no live real music in the local area, and a few skunks come by and bother the dogs.

We really like it here, the air just tastes better, and the boat dock is less than a mile away.

Enjoy

LOVE the water and outdoors! Yah, the internet is something I NEED for my work. I have been a Programmer / Analyst for over 30 years now and I do work from home some. Keeping my fingers crossed! We are only about 7 miles from Pryor so groceries and other basic needs aren't far off. There is a little convenience store and gas station about a mile away. Boat dock about a half a mile away. Going to have to look for a fish boat!

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use the Homeland and WM in Pryor also, Tractor Supply and a Lock Supply provide most of our immediate needs, not much else in Pryor for most of the things we need. We spend some time in the Claremore area also, so we have a Reasor's there and a Lowe's which is handy. Claremore would be closer than Tulsa for you also if they had what you needed.

We drove the 47 miles each direction to work each day in Tulsa for 15 years, try to avoid that as much as we can now that we are retired. Broken Arrow and Muskogee have quite a bit of stuff also, just have to make the drive.

Hope your internet works out for you, and if all that is your property, it looks like you may be spending some time on a mower. Enjoy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope your internet works out for you, and if all that is your property, it looks like you may be spending some time on a mower. Enjoy.

Yes, mowing does become a major issue in country living. Get a zero turn, and don't scrimp on the money. Exeed Internet is the only way we get affordable internet service, and its not rocket fast.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dennisshoddy's comment, Yep, right on. I am mowing about 4.5 of my 10 acres. I use a 60 inch zero turn for the area with 90 trees, a baby real John Deere real tractor with turf tires and a 60 finish mower deck (3 blade) for the open areas. I can whip out the whole yard in about 5 hours with edging.

Amish guys come by twice a year and bail the rest. I give it to them for the trouble of doing my small area. I like keeping the fire danger down.

Exceed works, but in comparison to City internet is expensive with data caps. Don't plan on watching movies.

Really nice sitting on the deck this morning with my coffee. Thinking about taking the dogs out in the boat and to swim in the lake a little before I give them a bath this afternoon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom