Moving to Hudson Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful location. Enjoy it. ....With a mountain top location tho, keep lightening protection in mind. I had a co-worker who build his dream house on top on a small but prominent hill. Not long after he moved in lightening struck and the house burned down.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you try Country Cottage in Locust. Hit Hwy 20 over the bridge to Salina. South on Hwy 82 about 8 miles on your right before you hit LG football field. They are known far and wide for their awesome buffet.

That restaurant at the Highbanks has an AWESOME steak! Seriously my cattlemen buddies even rave about it - and they only eat their own beef.

Try the little island just north of the Snowdale boat launch for fishing. Try the small bridge that crosses Salina creek over Hwy 82. You'll see locals parked up there and nailing the Sand Bass.

Enjoy your new home.

Yah we went by Country Cottage a few weeks back on Sunday and it was PACKED so we did some asking around an found out about the buffet. Gona try that for sure. And the race track is not far at all and have been checking on the restaurant there and heard the steaks were really good.

I think I know which island you are talking about, we can see it from our deck. Thanks for the fishing info, much appreciated!

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful location. Enjoy it. ....With a mountain top location tho, keep lightening protection in mind. I had a co-worker who build his dream house on top on a small but prominent hill. Not long after he moved in lightening struck and the house burned down.

Lightning rods have crossed my mind, thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom