My CrossFit Addiction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Confession time. My wife just started Crossfit and I gave it a shot. I went to a introductory session and one private lesson to learn some of the lingo and exercises. I like it...and my wife looks pretty good in those leggings.

I think I'll give it a go.

Good luck. No shame in giving it an honest try. So long as you get a good coach, focus on form and avoid injuries, it should be nothing but positive.

It's not my thing but I'm going to be objective.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...focus on form and avoid injuries, it should be nothing but positive.

Amen to that. That goes for just about any exercise regimen. One of the big criticisms I've read about CF has been bad form, but that's sort of the pot calling the kettle black. No sport is immune to bad form.

With the folks we've dealt with so far, form and scalability is their primary focus...weight and intensity come later. That's a good sign!

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Confession time. My wife just started Crossfit and I gave it a shot. I went to a introductory session and one private lesson to learn some of the lingo and exercises. I like it...and my wife looks pretty good in those leggings.

I think I'll give it a go.

Which location did you pick?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be into bodybuilding but the older I get the less I care about it. I know cross fit helps people be in great shape but it is too much work for me. By the time I get off work I am way too tired to do anything. I walk anywhere from 7-15 miles a day at work. That is plenty of exercise for me. Plus the older I get the harder it is to weight training.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zach is an awesome guy. I have been training with him since he was a personal trainer with Fitness Together in the shopping center.

We met Zach on Saturday...very grounded and very focused on making sure folks start slow and develop proper form. None of the inflated ego that usually comes with the weight lifting crowd. That was a huge factor after hearing a lot of the negative things about CF.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think paying for expensive fitness classes is a waste of money.
You can have well balanced workouts in your backyard or at public parks for free.
If Cross fit claims that they don't need fancy machines, well then you don't need to pay to use their "box".
If can't push yourself to your personal limits on your own, or you lack the motivation to start a work out on your own, invite someone better than you along and learn from them.
Balance and form is key.
Look into bar brothers.org, then add running (sprints and long distance), swimming, jump rope, biking and your good to go (you may need to fork out some $ for this, but with the exception of swimming, you get to keep the equipment).

If you want to show off your fitness and compete, well your just a special person then...:rolleyes2

I don't mean to rag on the cross fitters, I payed to go to gyms before. The thing is, I changed my mind about them (and the "awesome" guys/gals :nolike: that work there) and I think, when your ready, so will you.

EDIT:
Just my .02.... and I already know that I can be an a-hole

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom