My rationale may have been off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to build an AR so I would have a cheaper caliber rifle to shoot. I figured if I built a nice rifle that the savings in ammo cost would out weigh the increase cost over common AK type rifles (had a few and never been a huge fan). Well, that idea is out the window, these things are too damn addicting. I use to go out and spend a while shooting 70-100 rounds. Now, I ran through a couple hundred rounds without thinking about it.

I never realized how much I disliked shooting some of my previous firearms. I didn't ever have a bad time at the range but didn't the urge to want to train so much. Could be the light recoil not wearing on me after a few hours or the lightness of the system. Either way, I'm addicted. Now I want to build an SBR, Oh Crap!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wanted to build an AR so I would have a cheaper caliber rifle to shoot. I figured if I built a nice rifle that the savings in ammo cost would out weigh the increase cost over common AK type rifles (had a few and never been a huge fan). Well, that idea is out the window, these things are too damn addicting. I use to go out and spend a while shooting 70-100 rounds. Now, I ran through a couple hundred rounds without thinking about it.

I never realized how much I disliked shooting some of my previous firearms. I didn't ever have a bad time at the range but didn't the urge to want to train so much. Could be the light recoil not wearing on me after a few hours or the lightness of the system. Either way, I'm addicted. Now I want to build an SBR, Oh Crap!

It's definitely a disease. I just got my SBR approved for my 9mm build and now I'm starting my dedicated .22 AR which will be build #3

Latest posts

Top Bottom