Need advice - Glock 26 or SP101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I'd get your input on a decision I'm trying to make.

I think I'm ready to make a change on my EDC. I've narrowed it down to either the Glock 26 or an SP 101 in 2.25" or 3". I've handled both guns in the shop, and either one feels pretty good to me. Price also seems roughly the same.

I currently have a glock 17 and have had in the past a glock 19. I do like the the ergo's of the glock, so not much change if I choose the G26.

However, I have in the past year picked up the Ruger GP100 four inch and love it. I am also set up to cast and reload 38's and 357's.

Admittedly, I love the look and feel of the SP101. I find myself becoming more interested in revolvers as time goes, but it is hard to discount the utility and larger capacity of the glock.

I plan to carry either one in an IWB holster and possibly OWB during the winter.

Just want to get your thoughts,

Thanks!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I don't think a choice between a revolver and an semi-auto is narrowing it down, LOL, but I was in your shoes.

I carried a G26 almost exclusively after ditching my 36. I still carry it and a G19 occasionally but my most frequent carry is a J frame in a front pocket.

Simple, reliable, easier to "grab and go" for an unexpected trip to the store etc...throw a couple speed strips in the pocket for good measure. Pocket carry fits my lifestyle and constant need to arm/disarm.

That being said, if you are going to stay with belt carry, I'd go with the 26.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Admittedly, I love the look and feel of the SP101. I find myself becoming more interested in revolvers as time goes, which makes it very easy to discount the utility and larger capacity of the glock.

HybraPort-DI-1024x679.jpg

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 26 for EDC. To me...the 26 is much more versatile than a revolver. More rounds, easier to carry extra mags, etc, etc. But, anything would be better than nothing at all.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both! I EDC a g26, i have a nice holster and belt and it works great. I also have a taurus m85ul in a cheap uncle mikes that i carry aiwb. My snubbie is very easy to carry, i load it with 2 snakeshot rounds and 3 critical defense rounds and carry a reload strip with more CD when i go fishing or places that i might run into a snake or other creature that likes to bite. For the bitting humans i prefer the g26. Its easier to reload quickly, option of higher capacity is a mag change away. Sometime i carry the snubbie all week, than i watch the news and think i need more ammo and go back to the glock. So my answer is BOTH!!!

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i forgot to mention that I do have a s&W mdl 36 that I pocket carry from time to time.
I'm probably going to end up with both eventually, so I think I'm going to go with the G26 first.

Thanks!

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As an edc, for me it's no question. Hard to go from 10 rounds and an easy reload with 17 to 5 and a slow 5 reload. Not that 5 is not likely more than enough, but I like options.

And I will add that I absolutely love sp101's but my practical side takes over here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom