Need advice: semi auto for back pocket carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of wheeling and dealing lately and have ended up with all my pistols being Glocks. I am not complaining one bit, but being double stacks and thick, I am really looking for something I could stash in my back pocket when I am out running around and need something a little thinner and lighter than my g27

So, i am looking for a semi-auto in .380 or 9mm as well as a good holster for back pocket carry. What do you guys carry/reccomend as a set up for this? I am looking at the db380, lcp, and cm9 at this point. I am open to others as well. I had a sig p238 and it's awesome, but I am worried about pocket lint and stuff getting in the way of the hammer since it is designed for cocked and locked carry.

Thanks for your input!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm leery (skeered) about cocked and locked in a back pocket so I would go LCP or CM9. I think Looper (at H&H) makes a wallet holster for the LCP too.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am going with the cm9. Now I need a pocket holster and probably grab an iwb as well, although if I am going to carry iwb, I'll probably stick with my g27

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried Two KelTec P3ATs for several years, shot lots of rounds through them and have never had a problem. Install a clip on them and you can carry one in your back pocket while appendix carrying a second. You can clip it to the inside of a cowboy boot or the small of the back. Lots of options. Loaded with Glazer Safety Slugs or Mag Safe's and it's devastating. Haven't shot a human with it but shot a chicken stealing feral dog with one on the farm and checked out the damage after it dropped like a sack of crap. 60+ pound dog looked like I'd shot it point blank with my .410 shotgun. Yeah, even the .380 mouse gun will do if loaded with modern high performance ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom