Need Advise ,going to Trial over Junk in Backyard in OKC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
madokie said:
i know it needs to be cleaned up, its is , i have 3 storage sheds i am now filling up, i need advise on the TRIAL part, not on how to clean my backyard.and my neighbors dont mind one bit, they never set foot in their back yards at all.both of them think its idiotic of the city to be on my case.

Lol, who do you think turned you in? Ever wonder why they don't want to go in their backyard?

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bottom line: Be responsible and accountable for your property and clean up your mess.
What was your plan when you started keeping junk? Did you just expect your children to clean it up for you when you passed?
Your neighbors may tell you they do not care, but trust me they do or will when the decide to sell/move.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
clean up your yard.
Would you want a salvage yard, or a septic lagoon next to your property??
Your junk brings in rats, mice, snakes and other undesirables.
Clean your yard, and rent a place in an industrial area.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that you started this thread asking for help/advice on picking up after yourself is hilarious! Ahh good ol Oklahoma! Here's your extension get it done....Nope, here's another extension get it done.....Nope. Sometimes you pay for life's lessons, some people more than others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i did not start this asking for how to cleanup i have already done that!! READ my 2 posts, i am asking on advise for the TRIAL part of the problem.i was hoping to just clean up and then pay fines and avoid court ,but i cant get anyone at code enforcement to tell me if i can do that or not. i am asking here in case anyone does know.FYI their never was any JUNK in my backyard, thats just what the city calls it. what was in my backyard was piles of scrap metal ,a pile of aluminum cans,appliances,6 lawnmowers 5 gas weedeaters,and a stack of old storm windows,all that needed to be processed and take in to be sold at the recycling center,not one piece of trash!! I moved into this house 16 years ago neither of the neigbors used thier backyards then ,and it wasent till 3 years ago that i started doing this scrap hauling,so that had nothing to do with them not using their backyard.and they both have stuff in their backyard too, and one on the side of his house visable from the street.GEE you ask for some advice and some people just want to tear you a new one,man. The Democrats have said for years that the republicans are the party of Hate, i have always thought its more like anger, but maybe their is some truth to that hate thing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i did not start this asking for how to cleanup i have already done that!! READ my 2 posts, i am asking on advise for the TRIAL part of the problem.i was hoping to just clean up and then pay fines and avoid court ,but i cant get anyone at code enforcement to tell me if i can do that or not. i am asking here in case anyone does know.FYI their never was any JUNK in my backyard, thats just what the city calls it. what was in my backyard was piles of scrap metal ,a pile of aluminum cans,appliances,6 lawnmowers 5 gas weedeaters,and a stack of old storm windows,all that needed to be processed and take in to be sold at the recycling center,not one piece of trash!! I moved into this house 16 years ago neither of the neigbors used thier backyards then ,and it wasent till 3 years ago that i started doing this scrap hauling,so that had nothing to do with them not using their backyard.and they both have stuff in their backyard too, and one on the side of his house visable from the street.GEE you ask for some advice and some people just want to tear you a new one,man. The Democrats have said for years that the republicans are the party of Hate, i have always thought its more like anger, but maybe their is some truth to that hate thing.

Trash, is the definition of junk.
get it down to grass or weeds and keep it mowed.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is funnnnnay. The "stuff" you listed you don't call trash? If it is recycle material then by your own admission you have had at least 180-270 days to get your junk to the recycler. Why has it taken so long. I guarantee you will either have the junk taken to the recycle place yourself shortly and make yourself some money or the city will do if for you at hefty price tag and you will then get any money for the scrap.

If you are white can we officially call you "white trash"? J/k bro, get your junk cleaned up and everyone will be happy.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That IS junk! Stuff like this is one of the least attractive attributes of this state, right behind the construction zones & crappy roads. Why do people think it's OK to junkify their residences, and then get upset when someone says enough? If your junk was laying in the yard for as long as you imply, it's a haven for all sorts of critters. Your neighbors don't want to see your junk or experience the increase in rodents, snakes, insects and whatnot.

Get an attorney and go to court. It's what you deserve. You made your bed, now lie in it! :nono1:

Barsoom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not much choice but to make sure everything is nice and clean in your yard. IF it isn't you will get a fine.

Fix any code violations and then take some photos the day before you go to court. Print the photos out to show the judge and request the charges be dropped.

Often the judges won't slam you to bad if the problem is fixed.

Be nice to everyone in the courthouse.

While I don't know you, I see 100's of people a week who go to court that need to Get a haircut, a Shower and a Shave. Dress NICE. Judges are very conservative. The reason why you want to do this is Money!!!!.... If the court doesn't think you respect them they are more likely to fine you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom