Never had a 30 cal shell in a tire before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, as if a 9mm hole didn't? :D

Ya would have been better off sticking a bolt or something in the hole though. Running it flat may void the warranty.
A 9mm hole is actually repairable, although most tire shops (a) will tell you otherwise because in the long-run it makes more money than it costs, and (b) don't have anyone trained to do those repairs.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 9mm hole would require a heavy patch (maybe a small boot?) though. Dependability and balance becomes a factor with large/thick patches.

I'd make quite a ruckus if they tried to patch that size hole with a road hazard warranty. ;)

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 9mm hole would require a heavy patch (maybe a small boot?) though. Dependability and balance becomes a factor with large/thick patches.

I'd make quite a ruckus if they tried to patch that size hole with a road hazard warranty. ;)
No, the correct repair for that hole wouldn't be a patch. As I said, most shops are trained to make those repairs (and that's on purpose--for the $$$).

Latest posts

Top Bottom