New 5.5 (-) OEM Connector Available for Glock 42/43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. And the 0.5 lb difference seems to be less, the heavier the trigger pull is to begin with, and greater, the lower the trigger pull is to begin with.

Example: if you have a heavy trigger at 10 lbs, the difference in 0.5 lb either way won't be noticed as much as compared to a lighter trigger weight of say 4.0 lbs

My Example of "Comparative" Feel: (I might be all wrong here and I don't even know if comparative is a word but what the heck; it sounds good to me!)

0.5 lb = 1/20th of a trigger that measures 10 lbs
0.5 lb = 1/8th of a trigger that measures 4 lbs

Make any sense? :scratch:

The math makes perfect sense, as does YukonGlocker and Beastep's comments....
I guess for me, I must be at the stage the Neanderthals were at when they found out a sharp rock did more stuff than a round rock. Really hard for me to judge the sharpness, when I'm still only really familiar with round rocks, you know??? I'll keep at this stuff, though, and sorry if I pulled the OP thread off-topic....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No worries. I'm drugged up and not making much sense anyway. Ice pack, recliner...all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. And the 0.5 lb difference seems to be less, the heavier the trigger pull is to begin with, and greater, the lower the trigger pull is to begin with.

Example: if you have a heavy trigger at 10 lbs, the difference in 0.5 lb either way won't be noticed as much as compared to a lighter trigger weight of say 4.0 lbs

My Example of "Comparative" Feel: (I might be all wrong here and I don't even know if comparative is a word but what the heck; it sounds good to me!)

0.5 lb = 1/20th of a trigger that measures 10 lbs
0.5 lb = 1/8th of a trigger that measures 4 lbs

Make any sense? :scratch:
Yes, perfect sense. That is a great example of finding in psychophysics we call the Weber–Fechner law.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The discrepancy between reality and perception is a very interesting topic, including perception of physical objects, but more-so when we get into things like perception of ourselves, other people, and--to pick current topic--politics. The underlying processes are the same in any case. Awesome stuff!

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The discrepancy between reality and perception is a very interesting topic, including perception of physical objects, but more-so when we get into things like perception of ourselves, other people, and--to pick current topic--politics. The underlying processes are the same in any case. Awesome stuff!

Yes... I wasn't going to guess publicly, but I figured it was something like that....interesting topics (but not for a gun forum :) )

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. I dunno. Just because, I guess? I kinda sorta like the idea of a Glock manufactured part in a Glock pistol. But you're right; why fix what isn't broke? Spend the money on ammo instead. But then again, it is gonna be cheap...I might do it just to see if there is any real difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom