New AR-build or buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure. You can have an Anderson lower for $60.
www.mylespaul.com_forums_images_smilies_thumb.gif

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All depends on what connections you have, what you want, and what 'quality' is to you - BCM vs DD vs Joe Blow vs ??

some quality things to research:

DI Guns: plenty of replacement parts and commonality....
Daniel Defense
Bravo Company
Noveske
KAC
Colt 6920 build up later on
Wilson Combat
Larue?

Piston: proprietary systems and parts......caution
PWS
LWRC
LMT

find folks in your area and get hands on time, launch some copper and get an idea of what works for you. That will save you the 'wish i woulda.....' syndrome. Figure out if you 'have' to have Ambi controls on the lower, what type of handguard and what length works best to you, stock choices etc....

BUILD your own DI ideas:

1. Lower = Noveske, Mega, Wilson Combat, POF, BCM, DD

2. Upper = Mega, Noveske, Vltor, Rainier?, Colt, BCM, WMD? having lower fitting issues with their uppers but the NIB-X combo with their BCG is slick.

3. Barrel = Noveske, Satern, LW, Rainier, Wilson Combat, DD, Centurian, BCM, Spikes (Melonite), ARP, White Oak; Mid Length gas.................Melonite over Ionbond in my opin. Consider Wylde vs Mil Spec.

4. Rail = 12-13", Midwest Industries, Noveske, Troy, Centurian, Samson Evo

5. Buffer tube - KAC or PWS, then Colt, BCM, LMT

6. Grip - MIAD or Ergo most likely

7. Muzzle Device - BCM Mod, battlecomp?, PWS, Rainier?, WC?

8. Gas Block - Lo pro

9. Charger - BCM, PRI, Rainier Raptor,

10. BCG - BCM, Colt, DD, KAC, WMD, ARP bolts, Leitner-Wise?,

11. Stock - Magpul ACS, ACS-L, CTR, STR or MOE Fixed Carbine; BCM B5, LMT SOPMOD,

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So for those of you keeping score at home, that's an Anderson lower for $60 and a Lower part kit with a stock and buffer plus your upper in your signature line and tax out the door is what?

Lower $60
LPK $55
6 Position stock kit $54
Socom Upper $370
$586.70 out the door

Seems like a fair deal to me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lower $60
LPK $55
6 Position stock kit $54
Socom Upper $370
$586.70 out the door

You couldn't touch one for that price less than a year ago. I really don't remember a time where you could get one for less as a matter of fact.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You couldn't touch one for that price less than a year ago. I really don't remember a time where you could get one for less as a matter of fact.

Along with $11 pmags there really is no reason that anyone should get caught with their pants down when the next fear frenzy hits. So buy it up now, because when that next frenzy hits, the Fat Boys are going to make some bank...lol

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along with $11 pmags there really is no reason that anyone should get caught with their pants down when the next fear frenzy hits. So buy it up now, because when that next frenzy hits, the Fat Boys are going to make some bank...lol

Like ya'll didn't last time... lol. Gimme a break! lol

Not saying you were price-gougers, because you weren't! But I remember walking into the shop and you guys practically crying in your Cosmopolitans because you couldn't get ahold of anything ELSE to sell! lol Prices were MUCH fairer than most of the competition, but it was insane how people lined up looking to buy every little thing you had in stock! lol

Stock up now, peeps... Sept/Oct 2014 is going to get ugly again!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like ya'll didn't last time... lol. Gimme a break! lol

Not saying you were price-gougers, because you weren't! But I remember walking into the shop and you guys practically crying in your Cosmopolitans because you couldn't get ahold of anything ELSE to sell! lol Prices were MUCH fairer than most of the competition, but it was insane how people lined up looking to buy every little thing you had in stock! lol

Stock up now, peeps... Sept/Oct 2014 is going to get ugly again!

No doubt. I'm just saying STOCK UP!

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lower $60
LPK $55
6 Position stock kit $54
Socom Upper $370
$586.70 out the door

THAT my friend is a hellava deal!!! (I hate sales tax on a 2nd amendment right, but that's a whole nother deal!)

(See my new sig line tag!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom