New Flag Pole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the pole from Service First. I got the USA flag from Amazon. I have no idea where I got the No Step On Snek flag. Probably Amazon. I've had that one for years.

The solar light works really well, too. I'm pleased with it. It throws off quite a bit of light and came on at dark just like it was supposed to.

Solar Light.jpg

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How
I got the pole from Service First. I got the USA flag from Amazon. I have no idea where I got the No Step On Snek flag. Probably Amazon. I've had that one for years.

The solar light works really well, too. I'm pleased with it. It throws off quite a bit of light and came on at dark just like it was supposed to.

View attachment 433965
How do you like the light at the top now that it's been up a while? Does the pole look durable? Considering the same pole and light except may with lanyards rather than retractable.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The light works really well. Comes on at dusk and goes off at dawn. And it clearly illuminates the flag at night. The pole is a bit thicker than some of the competitors and seems very durable. I thought about buying the halyard kit but the telescoping pole works really well. It seems to be holding up great. I do take the flags down in anything more than about 15 or 20 mph winds, though. That's more to keep the flags from getting tattered than worry about the durability of the pole.

Night.jpg

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. If you bought it again would you get the halyard instead of the telescoping pole? I'm considering the 30' pole because while my house is single story, we have trees and my shop is about 18' at the ridge. 25' may be enough though. The only negative I can think of for the halyard is that the snaps for the flag can be noisy when they bang against the pole.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 433965
My son that lives in town had one of those pole mounted lights on his flag pole.
One of his neighbors evidently didn't like it and shot it out with a bb or pellet gun.
He got a solar powered spotlight and lights it from the ground up now. So far, it's still shining.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. If you bought it again would you get the halyard instead of the telescoping pole? I'm considering the 30' pole because while my house is single story, we have trees and my shop is about 18' at the ridge. 25' may be enough though. The only negative I can think of for the halyard is that the snaps for the flag can be noisy when they bang against the pole.
I saw a fix for making the snaps quiet awhile back. Can't remember where it was seen or how it was done, but it is possible.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No...I like the telescoping pole. The only benefits of the halyard type system is being able to fly the flag at half staff and flying a larger flag. I do have a larger flag (5'x8' maybe?) but with the wind here I'm kind of afraid to fly it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom