New texting while driving law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My manager at work told our work group today that a texting and driving law goes into effect on November the 1st, so I am helping to spread the word. I don't think a 250.oo fine will sit well for getting caught doing that while driving down the road. Put them phones down and get where u need to go. This has been a public service announcement from the Duncan nutjob. :)

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been told i drive like a lunatic, so i dont need another distraction to make my driving any more erratic. Its funny tho. I have only had 2 accidents where I was at fault and that was pre compact disc days! Both accidents were minor. No bad damage and no injuries.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many wrecks will be attributed to people who are trying to hide their texting by holding the phone down in their lap rather than up where they might have some view of the road.

I'm not saying I approve of people driving while distracted, just that I doubt see this law actually doing much positive.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW - it's not just texting.

Yep. If treated like "texting" auto accidents, it's any non-voice data transfer in progress at the time, which pretty much means an officer just has to claim to have seen you "texting" to get cause for a traffic stop, and the only way you can get out of it is if your phone was physically turned off and are willing to go through the hassle of getting detailed connection logs from your carrier.

Most people will pay the $250 fine and likely 30-50% insurance premium increase (the expensive part the sheep forget about).

Latest posts

Top Bottom