News about 2A in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hwy 75 and 71st? That's a mile north of the projects. If it were my place, I'd put it on the hill between Bass Pro and the First Baptist Church, on the north side of West Albany Street in BA. That would be an awesome location and give the overpriced BP hunting department some nearby competition.

Last edited:

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr.357Sig said:
Hwy 75 and 71st? That's a mile north of the projects. If it were my place, I'd put it on the hill between Bass Pro and the First Baptist Church, on the north side of West Albany Street in BA. That would be an awesome location and give the overpriced BP hunting department some nearby competition.

That would be a nice location, I'll second that!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't see closing and moving after they spent a fortune on the first one.
I figure they will eventually end up with 3.
If #2 goes as well as the first one, I could see a BA one in the not too distant future.
Biggest problem is good help.
Takes a special kind of person to deal with the public in an indoor range and not end up like TFA.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't see closing and moving after they spent a fortune on the first one.
I figure they will eventually end up with 3.
If #2 goes as well as the first one, I could see a BA one in the not too distant future.
Biggest problem is good help.
Takes a special kind of person to deal with the public in an indoor range and not end up like TFA.
you are correct no reason to close a good bussiness when start up costs are so high. you are also right about dealing with some of the public. I work there on sat afternoon it is always packed on sat and we get some ppl that just dont know how to handle firearms correctly but we do our best to be polite and still keep the range safe for all.The hard part is trying to get some ppl to understand how critcal gun safety is in an indoor range.

Reaction score
I'm all for 2A opening up as many locations as possible as long as they maintain the same demeanor amongst their staff.. I've been a gun nut for well pretty much my entire life. I come from a long line of gun nuts. My father, my closest elder gun nut, would tell me when I was a kid as we were pulling into the parking lot of a range or a gun shop..... "Son, just ignore the attitudes of these guys, years of answering questions asked by ignorant people who have failed to do their own research and to many close calls with death due to morons who don't know the first thing about gun safety turns the people who work here into d***** bags. They can't help it. Kind of like the guys behind the gun counter at the sporting goods store or Wal Mart, they don't pay enough to hire people who know a lot about guns."

2A seems to be the exception to the d-bag firearms employee rule. We all know them or have seen them. We've all thought to ourselves "this moron doesn't know the first thing that he's talking about" or "I'm paying a pretty good chunk of change to come in here and use this facility, I'd like to be treated like a customer just once!!!" But, at 2A, the huge egos, no-it-all attitudes and general lack of enthusiasm don't seem to exist like they do elsewhere and I applaud these guys for that.

brand0n

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely a great staff and great attitudes. Can't wait to see another facility, even if it's not in Broken Arrow. :saywhat:

Latest posts

Top Bottom