Noob AK question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I bought a Vepr in 7.62x39 with a 16.5 in chrome lined barrel. It is the first gas operated firearm I have owned and I don't know much about cleaning the gas system. If any one has some pointers or some Do's/Don'ts I would really appreciate the help!

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of what anyone tells you...just never put E85 ethanol in a gas operatined firearm. Just kidding of course. Your AK is somewhat bullet proof in its design and will continue to give you many years/rounds of service with regular cleaning. If there's anything your don't understand about the manual and how it tells you to clean & lube your AK get on the internet and google up some videos of AK cleaning. Good luck and have fun.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
YouTube has videos on how to strip and clean most all specific guns I've ever looked for... an AK should return about eleventy-billion hits... and that's just on YouTube.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Following the manufacturer's directions on the manual that should've been with your gun. If you did not receive such a manual then contact the manufacturer and ask for one. Almost any manufacturer will provide a safety manual for their products.

Other than that? Research things for yourself. Remember that information on the internet is worth what you pay for it.

Regards,
Ek (Who happens to love FILTHY AKs...) ;)

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't clean AK rifles.

37.media.tumblr.com_36fd5efb677424492041813cff45a2ba_tumblr_n7f5m5qiiL1tpmgf1o1_1280.jpg

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just leave mine out in the rain. If it is really dirty I put it under the gutter down spout. Run a mag thru it to dry it out an put it away.

Like has been said check out YouTube. Congrats on your AK acquisition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom