OK CCW license worth it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murder

Marksman
Reaction score
Yep . . . plus, the permit information (5 year only) can now be collected on a 4473 instead of waiting for a NICs check to return a proceed.
To be explicit, this means there is NO NICS check by the FFL from which you take delivery of a firearm.
The FFL simply enters your SDA License number (the official name of your CCW permit) on the 4473 and you leave with your firearm.
Be aware, you have the option of a 5 year or 10 year SDA License. If you get the 10 year option you can only use your license in this manner for 5 years from the date of issue. Only makes sense to a government bureaucrat.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, but I have been stopped and asked if V I were carrying and I said yes. I was treated with respect by both officers. Good guy, bad guy, we all look the same when being walked up on, it’s the mind set of the officer that makes the difference and of course the way the individual pulled over acts too.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the reciprocity part of the permit
And the ability for 5 years to not have to go thru NICS.
NICS is fine, but it can be a pain to sign onto for the FFL.
FFL is at the mercy of the internet gods and NICS outages unless they do a phone in.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the reciprocity part of the permit
And the ability for 5 years to not have to go thru NICS.
NICS is fine, but it can be a pain to sign onto for the FFL.
FFL is at the mercy of the internet god
Be aware there are a lot of FFL's that don't even know about this new rule. I just picked up a suppressor at Hobart Garden and they had no clue. Also, I bet the big box stores won't care and still run the check.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be aware there are a lot of FFL's that don't even know about this new rule. I just picked up a suppressor at Hobart Garden and they had no clue. Also, I bet the big box stores won't care and still run the check.
Hobart OK?
I just heard about a farm and garden store yesterday that carries all sorts of ammo and guns.
How is the selection?

Latest posts

Top Bottom