Ok, i am sure this has been discussed before... WHAT TIME DO YOU GET TO YOUR STAND???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm odd! I don't get there until 8:00am or so and when everyone is leaveing thier stands that got there before daylight they move the deer to me :D

When out in Western Ok I get there pretty early so I can get set up and ready.

Last year pretty much just walked across the street from the house but won't be doing that this year :-(

Really depends on where I am as to when I'll get to my stand, had a place out in Woodward several years ago there was no reason to get up early you wouldn't see a single deer until after 1:00pm. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutly love being in the stand an hour or more before legal light.
I get to watch the neighbors running down the road in their utv's and 4 wheelers that the deer havent heard all year, bolt and run onto me.

Farmers know that deer don't even give a second look to a tractor making rounds in a field.

They would better off riding their atv's on the property all year long to condition the deer to that noise, and make it something they are used to hearing.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Farmers know that deer don't even give a second look to a tractor making rounds in a field.

True. Just last week I was helping my neighbors haul some hay and out pops a group of 5 deer. They just grazed on the alfalfa, staying about 75-80 yards away from the truck as we made our way up and down the rows. A 2-ton truck and pop-up loader aren't exactly quiet either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom