Okay I'm declaring war!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys must have devil ants ...
Carpenter ants are the work of the devil. They're also another hazard of living on a heavily-forested property, particularly if you have blackjack oaks. Those little bastards love blackjacks, because they can hollow them out like nobody's business without killing the tree. My dad used diazinon and blackjack removal to keep them under control for a long time when he owned the place, but you can't get the good diazinon granules any more, so I have to use the stuff that could cause your granddaughter's third step-son to be born with the head of a golden retriever...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Termidor to good effect outdoors, but don't read the label, as you just might die of fright--I'm pretty sure it says if you think about getting it on your skin it will kill you and your family, then burn your damn house down. I've also used an aerosol foam that I got from SoonerBorn's site, along with Advance granules.

RoachRidd (boric acid powder) performed miracles in my kitchen when little tiny ants decided it would make a good home, and it's non-toxic to people and pets, as long as you don't overdo it.

You know what really works? Diazinon granules. That's probably why you can't get it any more.

Don't get me started. Can't even buy anything that will kill Dallis grass either! :explode:

But I do have a big bottle of Malathion that I got from my grampa's house when he passed. :lookaroun

Dennis if I went and spent $50 bucks on Tempo I can guarantee it would flood the day after I sprayed. Y'all wanna take up a collection? :rubhands:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't get me started. Can't even buy anything that will kill Dallis grass either! :explode:

But I do have a big bottle of Malathion that I got from my grampa's house when he passed. :lookaroun

Dennis if I went and spent $50 bucks on Tempo I can guarantee it would flood the day after I sprayed. Y'all wanna take up a collection? :rubhands:

You don't use all $50 per application..............it's been a year or two since I purchased some, IIRC it was $30 a bottle, each application lasts for a month and a bottle lasts me a couple of years, and I spray once a month from March-October. Put it in a little pump up sprayer and get after it............all the way back to post 2:)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't use all $50 per application..............it's been a year or two since I purchased some, IIRC it was $30 a bottle, each application lasts for a month and a bottle lasts me a couple of years, and I spray once a month from March-October. Put it in a little pump up sprayer and get after it............all the way back to post 2:)

Yea, I did look it up when you posted that and I probably ought to get some. My toads don't seem to be around anymore, they kept things in check pretty well. And I generally don't spray because everything "over the counter" these days don't work like it used to or isn't sold at all. :grumble:

But the reviews are pretty good on that stuff, plus you and Dennis living "rural" probably know what works. :thumb:

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, for something cost effective and that will last for 3-6 months outside, depending on rainfall totals, Talstar P is the way to go. Just follow the instructions.

Now, for immediate knockdown and whacking use this stuff. It fuggin' rules.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/harmonix-insect-spray-p-2803.html

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Thanks, I'll give the Talstar a shot. Is it sold locally, or do you have to order it online?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a place in tulsa where you can buy whatever the pros use, insects,lawn, etc. As long as it's for your personal use. I bought a bottle of some high power stuff for $30 and it will last at least 10 years, it's about a capful to the gallon. I'll get the name of the product and place and post it later.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give the Talstar a shot. Is it sold locally, or do you have to order it online?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Online at Amazon or at the website provided earlier. You can buy it in several sizes. I buy the 3/4 of a gallon and it lasts two years for me doing inside and out of a 2300sq ft home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom