OKC area WARNING: Rick Hernandez, claims to be OCPD, offers checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy (Rick Hernandez) email me a few days ago about buying an AR15 upper. He claimed to be with the Oklahoma City Police Department (later on the phone he mentioned something about being a reserve officer). After a brief correspondence he agreed to buy it with, "Yes I definately want it, consider it sold." We spoke on the phone and agreed to a meeting time and place. Since it was Sunday he said he couldn't get enough cash out of the bank and asked if I would take a check. I said I wouldn't be able to. He never showed up to the meeting place, did not answer his phone, did not return my call, and did not answer the email I sent him afterwards.

If he just simply changed his mind, I could understand and wouldn't be all that put out by it. Him not returning my calls, standing me up, and not responding to email makes me question whether or not this guy is actually a police officer. Add to that the fact that he originally wanted to pay with a check and it paints a pretty poor picture of the guy. His email was ocpdguy and then a number. Just a warning to anyone who is approached by this guy. If he's a legit cop he has some awfully poor people/business skills.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would 1459 (in his email) be a badge number? Just curious.

Any claims about being or not being a LEO aside, that sounds like bad business.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe he is a police officer and has been working a lot like most do, just saying. Most officers have busy schedules.

McLovin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe he is a police officer and has been working a lot like most do, just saying. Most officers have busy schedules.

That's possible. But wanting to pay in person with a check is a bad indicator.

If he does end up returning a phone call or email with a long explanation of why he was so busy he couldn't take a couple of seconds to call and apologize for standing me up the other day, I'd be glad to post about it here and let everyone know what a great guy he is.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom