Freaking neighbors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The buffalo are the cattle are not. There are some buffalo privately owned but I haven’t been out that way in a long time I’m not sure if they are free range or not but if you have ever been around them they don’t stay in fences very well lol a lot of the cowboys spend time every week running them back in
Been around buffalo a lot. Worked with a tribe on theirs. My good friend owns a bunch of them. I’m guessing we need to figure out what free range means.
I was thinking more along the lines of national park style where they wonder into the roads where you have to stop. I’m think your saying meaning leave them in a huge plot of land surrounded by a fence where they eat prairie grass, not fed a commercial diet? I’m slow at times….

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been around buffalo a lot. Worked with a tribe on theirs. My good friend owns a bunch of them. I’m guessing we need to figure out what free range means.
I was thinking more along the lines of national park style where they wonder into the roads where you have to stop. I’m think your saying meaning leave them in a huge plot of land surrounded by a fence where they eat prairie grass, not fed a commercial diet? I’m slow at times….
Yes the prairie preserve here is several thousand acres that is high fenced where they free roam with county roads running through it but there are other buffalo herds around

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the neighbor called the insurance company and said he did have a calf that was limping proving it did run into my truck and they ponied up. Funny thing, freaking neighbor hasn’t spoken to me since the morning after the accident either.

When I told them I did not want any used parts in my truck they started saying it’s policy they use what is cheapest. I called bs, and told them that while my truck wasn’t brand new there was nothing wrong with it.

Told them the neighbor had been notified no telling how many times his cattle were out and that the sheriffs had been called that many times too.

They finally caved and agreed no used parts would be put on so it’s all good now.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the neighbor called the insurance company and said he did have a calf that was limping proving it did run into my truck and they ponied up. Funny thing, freaking neighbor hasn’t spoken to me since the morning after the accident either.

When I told them I did not want any used parts in my truck they started saying it’s policy they use what is cheapest. I called bs, and told them that while my truck wasn’t brand new there was nothing wrong with it.

Told them the neighbor had been notified no telling how many times his cattle were out and that the sheriffs had been called that many times too.

They finally caved and agreed no used parts would be put on so it’s all good now.
Screw their "policy" You have rights too.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's a neighbor, and that livestock ventures onto your property to eat (damage), you have recourse.....and perhaps it would provide motivation for the neighbor to fix his fences....

The below is taken, in part, from this website:

4 Okla. Stat. §§ 132-135 provide a process for when livestock are distrained. While the procedure is somewhat complicated, the end result is this: if a livestock owner fails to keep his animals fenced in and the straying animals venture onto your property and do damage to your crops, grass, hay etc., you may pen up the livestock. You must then follow notify the owner and try to work out payment for the damage. If that does not relieve the situation, you must notify the sheriff who is required to act as an arbiter of the dispute. If the owner does not pay the amount of damages determined by the sheriff, the sheriff can sell the livestock. During the process, the distrainer has a possessory lien on the livestock and may maintain possession of the animals, but must provide adequate care. The distrainer should be entitled to reimbursement for the cost of boarding the livestock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom